TELUS is looking for a number of customer focused individuals to join our Customer Solutions Delivery (CSD) team in Calgary. We are seeking passionate and enthusiastic people, who are excited about technology, have a commitment to unparalleled and personalized customer service excellence and want to start their career!
The CSD team is responsible for provisioning and support of enhanced products related to the Future Friendly Home (e.g. home networking, phone, high speed internet, Optik TV, etc.). As a Telecommunications Technician, your priority will be providing exceptional service and effective education to our customers face to face on both new and existing products while also identifying opportunities to promote and up-sell additional TELUS products and services when appropriate. These positions require you to work various shifts, which are primarily days, but could also include evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays depending on business requirements. Are you someone who?
• Is inquisitive, excited about technology, enthusiastic about being part of a team and enjoys a good challenge?
• Regularly advocates for the needs of friends, family and/or causes you're passionate about?
• Is empathetic and identifies with the emotions of those around you in daily interactions?
• Lives to share your knowledge and enable people to do it themselves?
• Is passionate about working towards a common goal with an exceptional team of collaborators?
• Thrives in an ever changing technological world and regularly finds yourself fixing your friends and families home technical needs?
Successful candidates must be excited about daily customer interactions and genuinely motivated to deliver exceptional customer service while on location, which includes highlighting sales opportunities for our customers designed to help them get the best out of their TELUS experience. Successful sales are rewarded through an internal incentive program. What's in it for you?
Rewards of starting your career with TELUS include an hourly wage of $20.00 with added performance incentives and annual bonuses. We also offer best-in-class training to start, employee share purchase plan, service discounts and many more benefits! You will have the opportunity to build a long term career with a leading-edge team that strongly believes in giving back to the communities in which we work, live and serve.
Positions are currently available in the following locations: Finally, a career you'll love.Qualifications: Required Skills & Abilities:
• Inter-personal skills - ability to provide exceptional customer experiences and overcome concerns and objections as required Main Responsibilities:
• Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment regardless of department
• Self-directed and analytical - work well with minimal or no direct supervision spanning time management, decision making and problem solving abilities
• Able to maintain a high level of performance under the pressure of time constraints within a fast-paced changing environment
• Must be able to effectively communicate and educate customers with various comprehension levels of technology and its operation
• Able to effectively handle both favourable and unfavourable customer interactions
• Able to identify and up-sell additional products and services when appropriate
• Normal colour vision to work with colour-coded wiring
• Able to manage a physically demanding workload, which includes standing, lifting, climbing, bending, crawling in confined spaces and working in a variety of indoor/outdoor environments
• Able to work various shifts (days, evenings, weekends, statutory holidays) to meet business needs and customer availability including out of town assignments
• Fluent in English with a clear and honest communication style; additional languages considered an asset
• Demonstrated professional oral and written communications skills
• Mechanical ability to do fine precise work with your hands and operate power tools and test equipment
• Technical proficiency - must have advanced knowledge of common consumer electronic devices - computers/mobile devices/home theatre
• Must follow safe work practices and abide by all safety rules and regulations
• Personal computer navigational skills
• Commitment to continuous learning with demonstrated abilities to learn formally and informally, applying learned skills to related situations and participating in training as required
• Must meet applicable testing requirements
• Provide unparalleled customer service excellence by keeping the customer informed throughout the interaction Education, Certifications & Experience:
• Work with the most engaged and progressive team in the world to solve our customer's needs
• Represent the TELUS brand through your interactions and by wearing TELUS apparel on the job
• Set up services in a customer's home (Phone, TV and Internet) and proactively identify opportunities for improved service experience
• Educate customers about their current products and services and highlight opportunities for them to get the best experience from their TELUS services
• Previous experience and/or education in telecommunications considered an asset Who is TELUS?
• Must have completed a minimum Grade 12 Diploma with at least Grade 11 math (Transcripts and/or diplomas will be required)
• Clean and valid Class 5 Driver's License or other provincial equivalent (Driver's license and a driver's abstract will be required)
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
The TELUS team is as diverse as the society we live in and the customers we serve. We're also passionate about creating success for our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our team. And we do so by living the TELUS values and delivering on our Customers First commitments.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you create future friendly® possibilities.Technicians
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.