A career in our External Audit Process Assurance practice, within Process Assurance services, will enable you to assist clients in optimising control activities, organisational strategy, and policies and procedures. You'll conduct transaction testing, perform readiness assessments, and leverage various technical Information Technology controls (e.g. databases, operating systems, data warehouses, and reporting tools) in order to help our clients achieve optimal operational efficiency.\n\nOur team helps organisations navigate the increasingly complex reporting environments by improving internal controls and increasing confidence in the quality of the information produced by their internal systems. We focus on the design, documentation, and operations of controls around the financial reporting process, including financial business process and Information Technology management controls.Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Collaborate directly with clients to identify and address their needs through building, maintaining and utilizing solid networks of client relationships and community involvement
• Consulting with our clients on operational controls and process improvement
• Manage the creation of high quality deliverables to communicate to clients on the status of engagements, key issues and work plans
• Provide risk management services, including assessment of technology risks
• Carrying out the audit work in an optimal fashion in compliance with deadlines and budgetary requirements outlined in the planning phase
• Documenting clear and concise audit evidence obtained during the execution of the audit and validate their relevance and quality of information
• Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships internally with PwC teams and external clients
• Coach others and encourage them to take ownership of their development.
• Actively monitoring external trends in the areas of IT, remote access features, authentication mechanisms, threat/risk evaluations, intrusion tests and vulnerability evaluation while also acquiring knowledge on these topics
• Supporting Senior Managers and Partners in the planning of audits based on a careful assessment of risks and controls in compliance with PwC's auditing standards
• Working with existing processes/systems whilst making constructive suggestions for improvements Experiences and skills you'll use to solve
• Hands on experience conducting full cycle risk and control assessments (planning through to execution) including ability to lead with frameworks such as ISO 27001, NIST, HITRUST, CIS, SOC1, SOC 2, COSO, COBIT
• Confident to evaluate current state processes, internal controls and testing methodologies, developing future state designs, and leading implementation of new ways of working
• Proven success in reviewing business process controls, reviewing IT internal controls and risk, enterprise risk.
• Ability to document processes, risks and controls, develop and execute testing programs, assess control design and operating effectiveness, and to provide recommendations for improvements
• Demonstrated commitment to providing excellent client service, by building and maintaining productive relationships with both internal and external clients
• Prior experience coaching, training, and supervising work of junior staff
• Excellent knowledge of technology, IT practices and standards, infrastructure-related risks and controls in the areas of information security
• Foundational understanding of ERP environments (for example Oracle, SAP)
• Certifications in CISSP, PMP, CRISC, CISM, CPA or CISA (differential)
• Project management experience managing budgets, tasks, and timelines
• Comfortable presenting to larger groups, or to senior executives, including delivering difficult messages, or translating technical challenges to non-technical recipients
• Exposure to various data analytic tools (Tableau, Alteryx)
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences, developing and coaching diverse teams, and ensuring diverse perspectives are heard Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc . Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like. Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.