Requisition ID: 44897
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
Leads and oversees Business Banking growth within amarket area, ensuring business strategies, plans and initiatives are executed / delivered in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Group Lead, Business Baking is responsible for contributing to the overall success of the Business Banking Unit. This includes meeting financial objectives related to the profitable growth and retention of the team's assigned portfolio of Business Banking Clients. He/she provides direction to team members in a manner consistent with the overall Business Bank strategy of developing a customer-focused sales culture. The incumbent is responsible for the development of a sales/marketing plan, to drive lending and deposit growth and client acquisition for an assigned territory and for the sales management (i.e., allocation of accounts, sales forecasting, deal assistance, coaching, team building, recognition, education) of a team of Relationship Managers. Key Accountabilities
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develops and leads the implementation of tactical plans to support the overall strategy for the Business Banking area and the achievement of the business objectives by:
- Leading the sales effort to achieve the overall profit plan goals within the assigned market area
- Reviewing input from a variety of sources including team members, customers, competitive intelligence, etc. (driven by marketing segmentation and portfolio management);
- Conceptualizing objectives and prioritizing initiatives;
- Anticipating and planning for potential risks and opportunities;
- Obtaining input from RMs and/or other stakeholders to ensure successful implementation;
- Deploying/engaging resources to support the strategies (i.e., reassigning complement, contracting services from Shared Services, etc.);
- Motivating and focusing the efforts of the RMs;
- Acting decisively in order to move things forward in a timely manner;
- Escalating issues/obstacles/trends to the VP Speciality, Business Banking as appropriate and with recommendations/solutions;
- Allocating prospects and other business opportunities amongst RMs.
- Ensures the customer portfolio assigned to the Team receives ongoing attention to maintain, improve and retain relationships by:
- Ensuring an active Business Development program with each relationship to ensure the Bank is familiar with the business' operations and its principal officers;
- Coaching to ensure each customer call and meeting has specific objectives;
- Using knowledge of the Bank's business banking financial product set, as well as providing some product customization, the incumbent oversees that customer and prospects needs are met
- Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and the delivery of customer service;
- Ensuring the team interacts effectively with the Shared Services Business Service Centre (BSC) for reporting and fulfillment as applicable;
- Ensuring proper due diligence in evaluating information; including appropriate AML, "Know Your Customer" and compliance policies are followed by the Client Relationship Management Team.
- Maintains a high market profile within the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by:
- Identifying key business contacts and centres of influence within the market area;
- Building and maintaining internal relationships with key players/contacts;
- Identifying and facilitating the involvement of team members and stakeholders to further business interests;
- Leads the sales/service management strategy by:
- Leading, coaching and motivating the team to exceed profit plan and sales objectives and recognizing/rewarding sales/service excellence;
- Actively managing performance of direct reports against sales goals/business plans;
- Providing effective and timely training and performance management;
- Developing a broad knowledge base to ensure all client facing team members have skills necessary to promote the full suite of applicable products and services;
- Championing and facilitating the sharing of best practices to enhance client and relationship managers experiences (e.g. strategy & business development campaigns);
- Managing the overall quality and timeliness of client service in compliance with corporate policies and procedures, the operation document(s), legislation, and court precedent.
- Provides leadership to motivate and develop individual and team performance by:
- Fostering and developing a strong, positive team environment, driving employee empowerment, innovation and a high degree of engagement;
- Driving the internal communications process by ensuring all employees are aware of key projects, corporate goals and ongoing critical changes affecting clients;
- Exhibiting an ability to listen, negotiate and communicate goals;
- Ensuring the performance management process is in place and employee development is a priority for all employees on the team;
- Sharing knowledge, experience and responsibility with employees in a drive for the highest standards of professionalism, sales and service excellence;
- Regularly scheduling one-on-one coaching with direct reports;
- Identifying and supporting training and developmental needs of team members and participation in the development of training programs;
- Managing staffing requirements and departmental workloads.
- Contribute to the effective functioning of Specialty Business Banking by:
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business lines and corporate functions;
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication by actively participating and contributing to touchbases, team meetings, encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches and actively sharing knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members;
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment and using a coaching mindset and behaviours; communicating vison/values/business strategy; and, managing succession and development planning for the team.
- University degree (business focus preferred).
- MBA or equivalent experience preferred.
- 5-10 years of management experience ideally in business.
- Strong sales management skills.
- Expert knowledge of sales management techniques.
- Expert Business and Business Banking products / services knowledge.
- Expert knowledge of financial / risk analysis techniques, credit adjudication, and the Bank's lending policies and procedures.
- Specific regulatory or compliance knowledge.
LOCATIONS: CALGARY, EDMONTON, WINNIPEG, REGINA OR SASKATOON.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina || Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Manager, Law, Business Development, Finance, Management, Legal, Sales