***This position can be home-based anywhere in Canada with expected travel to Vancouver once a month****
We're looking for a Director, Global Total Rewards (12 month contract) to help us evolve and execute on our rewards strategy on a world wide basis. You'll be part of an exceptional team of HR executives, and leading a highly talented team. This role reports to the SVP, People and is ideally based in Hootsuite's Vancouver office (we are open to a home based option with travel to Vancouver once a month). WHAT YOU'LL DO:
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Lead the global compensation function including our base salary program (i.e., pay ranges, job levelling, and classification) and our variable pay program. Constantly review our total rewards and compensation philosophy to ensure it enables us to attract, retain, and motivate the employees that we need to meet our business objectives.
- Maintain a current knowledge of SAAS business sales compensation plan design and metrics in order to create incentivizing sales plans required to motivate and reward the various roles within our global sales team.
- Working with the SVP, People, Executive team, and Compensation Committee, to maintain our equity compensation programs including reporting on our equity treasury.
- Lead the continuous improvement of our global benefits plans, ensuring they are both market competitive and legislatively compliant. Introduce and maintain retirement plans, where appropriate, as part of our overall total rewards mix.
- Continue to advance our Wellness Strategy. Maintain and improve our market-leading suite of vacation and other leaves.
- Lead our global mobility and immigration program, ensuring employee and candidate experience is top of mind.
- Maintain the integrity of our Workday investment by ensuring all system upgrades, maintenance, and security protocols are advanced.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 10+ years experience in progressively complex compensation and total rewards roles including at least 3 years of leadership experience. Global experience is a nice to have.
- Builds inclusive, cohesive teams which apply diversity to achieve common goals
- Capably delivers results through others, is good at establishing clear direction, helping others achieve their best work
- Identifies key issues and relationships relevant to achieving a long-range goal or vision; Builds an integrated plan for course of action to accomplish this vision
- Challenges and supports others to create results but also develop new capabilities. Successfully develops the capacity and capability of team and individuals on the team
- Resilience, Tolerance for Change/Ambiguity: can effectively cope with change, finding ways to advance work and projects, even in the face of uncertainty.
- Influence: Asserts own ideas and persuades others, gaining support and commitment and mobilizing people to take action.
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs.
- Commitment to Results: consistently achieves results, demonstrating high performance, and challenging self and others to deliver results.
Share our values:
- tenacious, determined to succeed, and you work hard to ensure others-customers, colleagues and the community-can succeed
- curious and always learning, looking for ways to improve
- good at keeping promises, are conscientious, and have strong integrity
- most importantly, you lead with humility, perspective and empathy
We champion the power of human connection. We're united globally by our shared values of innovation, grit, humility, and passion for customer success. Make an impact:
Working at the speed of social, we create value for our customers by delivering solutions that power relationships at scale. Our pace of work enables fast learning and fosters an environment where you can stretch yourself and make an impact. Learn and grow:
We're committed to growing the capabilities of our people. We are building a learning community where you can work with diverse individuals, explore new ways of thinking, and expand your capabilities. Our employees are teachers and learners who work out loud and share their knowledge to enhance each other's growth.
We are dedicated to building a diverse community, one where employees feel a sense of belonging, and are valued for their contributions and the perspectives they bring. Our purpose is to champion the power of human connection and the heart of connection is inclusion. You belong here.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.