Requisition ID: 61814
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off.
Purpose of Job:
Through the direction and supervision of a team of adjudicators, contributes to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank's Commercial Credit portfolio in an assigned geographic area, ensuring the assigned portfolio is efficiently maintained at an acceptable level of risk.
- Ensure credit applications are adjudicated promptly, within the Bank's risk selection parameters.
Ensures maintenance of assigned Portfolio quality, by overseeing the portfolio, monitoring trends in risk rating migration, NAL formations, overdue reporting and annual reviews, etc. Identifies problems and initiates appropriate corrective action.
- Supervises Team members and is responsible for the overall efficiency of the Team as reflected in minimal turnaround times, staffing levels, etc. Provides direct reports with coaching, direction, and guidance on credit and other matters when required. Has direct involvement with Commercial Banking Team Leads, Banking VPs, Business Banking Directors, and Manager-Private Banking concerning credit transaction and training issues as necessary.
Manages the Partnership with Banking. Liaise with business partners in Commercial, Professional, and Private Banking to maintain open communication ensuring good service levels are achieved and maintained to internal customers. Negotiates with banking partners to ensure credit terms and conditions are appropriate and sound risk selection is achieved. Provides guidance to Banking in the preparation and structuring of credit proposals. Works to re-structure proposals into bankable deals. Partners with Roynat and Roynat Risk Management on joint lending opportunities.
- Contributes to the development of the Bank's commercial human resources by identifying training needs and ensuring that individual coaching and group coaching is provided to Banking AGL's and CRM's and GRM Team members.
Complexity and Scope of the position
- thorough understanding of Commercial Banking and the Bank's credit policies and procedures
- skills in financial analysis and accounting, risk assessment and developing creative financing proposals demonstrating sound credit judgement
- expert understanding of security documentation, legal ramifications and remedies is also necessary.
- strong leadership skills as demonstrated by the management of a team of adjudicators.
- general understanding of various and diverse industries in which he/ she will be required to make / recommend credit decisions and must also be attentive to local economic trends within the assigned geographical area.
- excellent communication skills (written and oral -in English) to converse effectively with line and corporate personnel.
- Ability to make decisions, frequently in the fact of uncertainty, and clearly communicate rationale for decisions.
Authority/Decision Making/Direction received
- Works independently, exercising autonomy within assigned credit limit, with only periodic reference to the Director & Unit Head/VP.
- The incumbent approves / declines commercial, professional, and private banking credits within the framework of the Commercial Credit Administration Handbook, Bank Policy, and Credit Procedures.
- Lending Limits per Credit Policy Manual
- Applications above the incumbent's limit are referred to the Director & Unit Head/ Vice President for endorsement/approval.
- The position is primarily non-physical.
- The incumbent works in a standard office environment.
- In order to provide acceptable customer service levels, the incumbent is under pressure to provide prompt and timely responses to credit applications.
- The incumbent has no control over the number of applications that require analysis and adjudication / recommendations at any given time.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Risk Management, Management, Finance, Technology