Permanent Reference code
:103722 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization. By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.What will your typical day look like?
As a Director in the IT and Specialized Assurance practice in Deloitte's Calgary office, you will manage a diverse and talented team, coach them to their highest potential while they deliver a variety of engagements in the IT audit and assurance/advisory space.
You will lead the following:
- General IT Controls (GITCs) testing as part of the financial statement audits for large, complex public companies, and private companies.
- Assurance engagements, including SOC1 and SOC2 readiness assessments and audits for a wide range of organizations.
- IT Internal Audits and IT internal controls certification engagements related to compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley legislation in the US and National Instrument 52-109 (NI 52-109 or C-SOX).
- There may also be an opportunity to help manage cybersecurity and IT risk management engagements.
You will develop and maintain key client relationships as part of this role, while serving our clients in a professional manner and with the highest levels of quality. You will be expected to lead business development activities that will help further our growth agenda and plan.About the team
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice advises organizations on how to effectively mitigate risk and make informed and intelligent risk decisions around business processes, technology, and operations.
Our IT & Specialized Assurance team is dedicated to solving clients' challenges and addressing risks, particularly as it relates to IT risks and compliance. We have a very talented team in place that is proficient in the skills sets and backgrounds required for IT audits, assurance, and advisory engagements and are passionate about serving clients and helping address the issues and challenges that they are facing.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone who has / you are someone with:
Our shared values
- Completed undergraduate degree with strong academic credentials.
- Obtained a professional designation such as the CPA, CRISC, CISA, CIA, CISM or CISSP. Preference is provided to the CISA designation.
- At least 12+ years of experience in performing and overseeing IT Audits, other assurance engagements (SOC 1, SOC 2), IT Internal Audits and/or IT controls advisory (SOX / C-SOX).
- Experience in conducting IT audits in accordance with standards set by the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and the Canadian Public Accounting Board (CPAB).
- Excellent track record of strong client service delivery and business or practice development and sales that continues to provide additional opportunities to our growing team.
- A great team player who goes the extra mile to develop our team members through coaching, mentoring, training, and other professional development initiatives.
- Experienced with project management skills and solution development.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills.
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm. They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Risk Management, Manager, Developer, Equity, Project Manager, Finance, Management, Technology
Management and Executive