Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must
first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague. Location:
9711 23rd Ave NW, Edmonton, Alberta, T6N 1K7
At Loblaw, we help millions of Canadians get through their best days, worst days, celebration days, and every day. Through our innovation and quality products, we're here for our friends, neighbours, family members and colleagues.
We succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us.
We're looking for adaptable people who are thrilled to join us in our goal of helping Canadians Live Life Well®. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong. We promote leaders at every level and support our people to follow their passion.
The Discount team at Loblaw is rooted in a shared goal to Feed Everyone. It's about easy access to fresh, affordable food and working tirelessly to ensure our customers get more for their grocery dollar than anywhere else. We know that a bright future starts with helping more children, people and families live well today so they can pursue great tomorrows.
For current colleagues, it's an exciting time to be a part of the team and our unparalleled investment means working with us can be something special for you too. It's more than just talk - we have a road map in place and are hiring talented colleagues who are passionate about providing an exceptional shopping experience for customers.
Everyone has opportunity - show us what you will do with yours. Primary Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience & Education:
- Develops and communicates a common year plan to establish financial targets and provide a strong strategic direction for each store in the region.
- Liaises closely with store management to provide coaching and guidance, develop day to day operations, achieve targets and foster an environment of continuous improvement.
- Performs regular store visitations to monitor the implementation and execution of strategic plans, including marketing and merchandising, adherence to operational standards and identifies opportunities to improve performance.
- Analyzes sales and financial data and P&L statements to monitor financial success of each location, highlight potential growth areas, and ensure store management are on target to meet common year plan goals.
- Monitors business systems in each location to highlight and recommend opportunities for improvement.
- Develops and communicates action plans to successfully implement corporate initiatives efficiently.
- Develops and communicates operational methodologies and best working practices to improve customer service, visual merchandising and process improvements.
- Communicates regularly with store management to resolve issues or concerns promptly, coordinate between stores and corporate departments and provide recommendations as required.
- Identifies potential new talent and assists in interviewing, hiring and training of new staff to develop a competent staff and assist store management with succession planning.
This position requires an advanced level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
What you'll need:
- Requires an ability to apply concepts and theories to improve functions or units.
- Manages a function or unit by focusing on achievement of objectives.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilizes decision making skills to achieve specific organizational objectives with consideration given to their impact on other work groups.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Computer skills to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations. Knowledge of inventory management and accounting software.
- Business acumen - advanced understanding of quality standards relative to operational improvement, strategic planning and business growth.
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates and colleagues including senior management.
Why Loblaw is a great place to work:
- Exceptional customer service skills and a talent for building customer loyalty.
- The ability to lead, coach and motivate colleagues.
- Strong financial acumen to deliver outstanding business results.
- A commitment to delivering consistent results every day.
- 10+ years of retail store or related management experience
- A culture that promotes creativity, making connections within the community and being authentic
- Supports career growth, personal and professional development
- Proudly recognized for being Canada's Top 100 Best Employers, Best Diversity Employer and Top -Employer for Young people
We give back to the communities we operate in and care for the environment
Loblaw is committed to sustainability by sourcing products with integrity and making a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values - Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence - guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits - these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada's Top Employers, Canada's Best Diversity Employers, Canada's Greenest Employers & Canada's Top Employers for Young People.Employment Type:
Full timeType of Role:
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities. Please Note:
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.