ECON 27R - Economist***CLOSING DATE EXTENDED***
Multiple Locations, BC CA (Primary)
Victoria, BC V9B 6X2 CA
$75,552.53 - 86,175.83 annually, plus a 3.3% Temporary Market Adjustment
Regular Full Time
Temporary End Date
BC Public Service -> Env & Climate Change Strategy
Ministry Branch / Division
Environmental Standards Branch/EPD
Job Summary Economist
Economist R27 ***AMENDMENT DECEMBER 1, 2022: CLOSING DATE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 12, 2022***
An eligibility list for future permanent and/or temporary vacancies may be established.
This position is located in Victoria; however, other locations within the province may be considered based on operational requirements and space availability.
On November 1, 2021 the BC Public Service announced the COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that defines the conditions and expectations for BC Public Service employees regarding vaccination against COVID-19. Among other possible measures, proof of vaccination will be required. It is a term of acceptance of employment that you agree to comply with all vaccination requirements that apply to the public service.More information can be found here .Bring your financial expertise and leadership skills to this unique opportunity
The Environmental Standards Branch of the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change Strategy works to protect the human and environmental health of the province through the administration of theEnvironmental Management Actand theIntegrated Pest Management Actand their regulations. The Clean Communities Section within the Branch ensures municipal waste is prevented, reduced, or used as a resource through innovative regulatory and non-regulatory approaches. A focus for our Section is B.C.'s CleanBC Plastics Action Plan which addresses the use of plastics, expands recycling categories, and advances greater opportunities to use material previously considered waste in the development of new products.
As an Economist in the Clean Communities section of the Environmental Standards Branch, you are responsible for designing and implementing economic and statistical analysis and economic modelling projects to address a broad range of environmental policy and initiatives under the CleanBC Plastics Action Plan and other initiatives and advising senior executives on economic and financial matters directly impacting the policy goals, objectives and financial commitments.
The capital of British Columbia, Victoria is a beautiful city, with stunningbeaches and harbours, and a variety of provincial parks to explore. Located on Vancouver Island, Victoria offers a bustling downtown scene and has a wide range of restaurants and entertainment venues to choose from.
The BC Public Service is an award-winning employer and offers employees competitive benefits, amazing learning opportunities and a chance to engage in rewarding work with exciting career development opportunities. For more information, please see What We Offer .
The BC Public Service is committed to creating a diverse workplace to represent the population we serve and to better meet the needs of our citizens. Consider joining our team and being part of an innovative, inclusive and rewarding workplace.
For information about the Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service please visit: Indigenous Applicant Advisory Service - Province of British Columbia (gov.bc.ca) .
For complete details about this opportunity, including accountabilities, please refer to the attached job profile. For specific position related enquiries, please contact Meegan.Armstrong@gov.bc.ca
. DO NOT SEND YOUR APPLICATION TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS
.For more information about how to complete your job application, add/edit your resume and for more useful tips when applying for jobs, please refer to the Your Job Application page on the MyHR website. If you are still experiencing technical difficulty applying for a competition, please send an e-mail to BCPSA.Hiring.Centre@gov.bc.ca
, before the stated closing time, and we will respond as soon as possible to assist you. NOTE: Applications will be accepted until 11:00 pm Pacific Standard Time on the closing date of the competition. Job Requirements:
In order to be considered for this position, your application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the education and experience as outlined below: Education & Experience
Related experience must include:
- A Master's Degree in Economics, Environmental Economics, Resource Economics, or a related field (e.g. public policy or environmental management with a strong economics foundation) and three (3) years of related experience or equivalent.
Preference may be given to applicants with any of the following:
- Experience conducting and leading economic studies, analyses, and research projects.
- Experience conducting policy analysis such as: economic impact analysis, cost-benefit analysis, econometric modelling, mathematical modelling, scenario analysis, and environmental valuation.
Applicants selected to move forward in the hiring process may be assessed on the Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies as outlined in the attached Job Profile located in the Additional Information section at the bottom of the posting.
- Experience applying environmental economics and environmental valuation in a policy context.
- Experience working with large data sets analyses.
- Experience with assessment and/or valuation of regulatory impacts to market-based systems.
A Criminal Record Check (CRC) will be required. APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS: Resume: YES
- Ensure your resume includes your educational accomplishments, employment history including start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and any relevant information that relates to the job to which you are applying. Questionnaire (COMPREHENSIVE): YES
- As part of the application process, you will be prompted to complete a comprehensive online questionnaire to demonstrate how you meet the job requirements. Please allot approximately 60 minutes to complete the questionnaire. Cover letter: NO
- Please do not submit a cover letter as it will not be reviewed. IMPORTANT:
Comprehensive questionnaire responses will be used to shortlist applicants against the job requirements. Please ensure you include all relevant information about your educational accomplishments and employment history including job titles, start and end dates (month and year) of your employment, and your accountabilities and accomplishments.
Natural Resource Sector, Policy, Research and Economics