We are looking for an experienced Electrical Designer who is interested in working on a diverse range of projects including gas compression, gas processing facilities, emerging energy transition projects and food services projects. You will have the opportunity to become an integral part of WSP success. Reporting to the Manager of Design Services, you will be responsible for coordinating design requirements with project team members.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review P&ID's in order to create electrical drawings and specifications;
- Be familiar with electrical construction contract documents;
- Be familiar with electrical RFQ's, evaluate quotations and create purchase orders;
- Do general requisitions for electrical equipment;
- Review and mark-up package/skid drawings to project standards and specifications.
- Provide wiring details and support to electrical contractors;
- Provide field construction support;
- Coordinate work with all disciplines to accomplish project goals
- Generate electrical drawing package through approval, bid and construction stages including
- Area classification
- Single line diagrams
- Distribution panel layout
- Cable and conduit schedule
- Electrical schematics
- Lighting design
- Control panel c/w I/O schematics
- Junction box layouts
- Process and building electrical and control layout
- Electrical Heat trace design
- Electrical Bill of Materials
- Technical diploma from a reputable post-secondary institution;
- Five + (5+) years' experience in a similar role;
- Have strong communication, both written and oral, skills.
- Strong use of AutoCAD
- 3D CADD a benefit
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians