Electrical Revit Technician: Harvey 2411
Our Company is currently seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Electrical Revit Technician to join our Edmonton Office.
The Responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Interpret design mark-ups and draft electrical designs.
- Assist with the design of security, lighting and fire alarm systems in healthcare and hospitality, commercial, institutional and high-rise residential buildings
- Prepare construction drawings as directed by Project Engineer and Project Manager
- Utilize modern computer-assisted design (CAD) and Revit software for maximum quality and efficiency of producing construction documents.
- This includes all stages including concept through tender, addendum sketches, and as-built records.
- Process/prepare received documents for internal use (i.e. Clean-up of Architectural floor plans, sections in accordance with established procedures).
- Check and verify design drawings to conform to specifications and design data
- Perform general duties as required such as printing/plotting, submitting drawings to contractor and completing mark-ups for ‘as builts’ and in turn updating companies records
- Utilize Adobe Bluebeam (PDF) to produce working and final documents.
- Utilize other software such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Consistently follow company policies, procedures and file structures/format.
- Perform general duties as required such as printing/plotting/scanning/conversion/quantity take-offs/measurement.
- Attend meetings and conduct site inspections in combination with the Project Engineer or Design Technologist
- All duties to be performed accurately and efficiently in order to deliver quality product/service on schedule
- The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive
- Overtime as required
Education & Experience:
- Post-secondary education in Electrical Engineering Technology and/or Building Systems OR the ability to demonstrate sufficient knowledge received from previous work experience in a similar position is required
- Minimum 3 years relevant working in Revit and CAD in any or all of the following areas; lighting, fire alarm, security system is required
- Electrical knowledge is essential for the incumbent to be successful in the role
- Mechanical knowledge in HVAC and plumbing design is a definite asset
- Demonstrated experience in Revit, experience with AutoCAD and Visio is also an asset
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook)
- Experience working in an engineering services environment is preferred
- The position requires the incumbent to have competence with a variety of computer software including high proficiency with Revit (BIM); experience with AutoCAD is an asset.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Understanding of building systems, interference coordination with other building elements, function, and 3D visualization is considered as an asset
- Electrical and Mechanical knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to meet deadlines/successful completion of deliverables.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work under pressure on single/multiple tasks.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Team and client-focused.
- Completion of a college program in Drafting considered an asset.
- Knowledge received from previous work experience in a similar positon considered and asset.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Analytical Thinking – Analyzing and synthesizing complex situations and information to understand issues identify options and support sound decision making.
- Attention to Detail – Working in a conscientious, consistent and thorough manner.
- Client Focus – Provides added value through service excellence to internal and/or external clients.
- Continuous Learning – Identifying and addressing learning and developmental needs to enhance own performance.
- Decision Making – Making decisions involving varied levels of risk and ambiguity.
- Information Gathering and Processing – Locating and collecting data from appropriate sources and analyzing it to prepare meaningful and concise reports that summarize the information.
- Problem Solving – Identifying problems and the solutions to them.
- Resilience – Remains energized and focused in the face of ambiguity, change or strenuous demands.
- Results Management – Organizes time, work and resources to accomplish objectives in the most effect and efficient way.
- Teamwork – Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
- Achievement Orientation - Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results to help others meet and exceed the organization’s standards.
- Initiative - Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently by identifying the immediate action needed and seizing the opportunities that arise.
This is a fulltime position
Salary is open depending on current experience
Benefits package is available