Closing Date: February 29, 2024
Reporting to the Shift Supervisor, Electricians are responsible for maintaining electrical systems on a variety of mining equipment, infrastructure, pump systems, and communication centers throughout the mine site.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with strong interpersonal skills, able to work independently and as part of a team, and has a willingness to learn and grow.Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Work in the distinct areas of power generation, substation equipment, protection and control, and metering
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Construct, maintain, alter, repair, and test electric or electronic systems and components that are integral to the operation's activities.
- Perform duties that range from routine preventative maintenance on buildings and equipment to repairing major breakdowns in a shop or a field environment.
- Complete installations, perform maintenance and troubleshoot throughout the mine site.
- Be self-motivated and able to work alone, with minimal supervision.
- Be willing to help with tasks outside the electrical scope to support site requirements.
Why Join Us?
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Electrician Certification
- Valid Power Systems Electrician or Powerline Technician Certification would be an asset
- Valid driver's license
- Proficient in distributed control systems (DCS), programmable logic controls (PLC), variable frequency drive (VFD), motor control center (MCC), and microprocessors
- Understanding of the Canadian Electrical Code
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematics and prints
- Experience with high voltage Power Systems an asset
- Experience with power line work an asset
- Previous mining experience an asset
- Previous industrial experience an asset
We offer the chance to live and work in the Rocky Mountains, whereyear-roundrecreational activities such as hunting, fishing, skiing, snowmobiling, and biking are unlimited. Our tradespeople work an attractive 4 x 4 schedule, allowing for plenty of work/life balance. Add to this, challenging work assignments and excellent opportunities for career and professional growth with Canada's largest diversified resource company and we think you'll find what you're looking for.
Permanent full-time tradespeople are offered a competitive compensation package that includes:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- Retirement Package
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
- Annual Performance Bonus'
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
Base earnings include the hourly wage plus applicable shift premiums and will differ depending on location. It is calculated using a reasonably expected number of hours worked per year.
As Canada's largest diversified mining company, Teck is committed to providing the world with essential resources safely and sustainably. We have a rich history of consistently driving innovation, harnessing cutting-edge technology, and cultivating a dynamic environment that empowers our employees to shape the future.About Teck
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person's unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.Job Segment:
Coal Mining, High Voltage Electrician, Electrical, Electrician, Mining, Energy, Engineering
Apply now »
Construction, Mining and Trades