Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team.
The Paladin Difference starts with our guards; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements This is a full time position at a Petro Chemical Plant located near Red Deer, Alberta.
HIRING BONUS - $750.00 after completion of all trainingWhat makes you a great fit for this EMR/Security Guard position?
A day in the life of an EMR/Security Guard:
- You act with professionalism and integrity
- You are interested in promoting safety within the workplace
- You enjoy motivating, supporting, and inspiring those around you
- You have experience being a part of strong and cohesive teams
- You have strong written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills and proven de-escalation skills.
- You take an empathetic approach to conflict resolution and enjoy being a part of the solution. You celebrate diversity and welcome the opportunity to interact with a variety of individuals.
- You are calm under pressure, and confident in your problem-solving abilities.
- You understand the importance of confidentiality in the workplace.
- You value training and development, and are excited to complete all required training.
- You can perform all physical aspects of the job, which includes walking up to 20km/shift, walking up/down stairs, and pushing/pulling 30-pound doors.
- You have open availability and are willing to work both day and night shifts, on a rotation.
- You have a valid Emergency Medical Responder certificate that is currently registered with the ACP
- You have a valid AB Security license or are willing to obtain one prior to commencing work with Paladin Security.
- You have a valid Class 4 Alberta Drivers Licence
While every day will be different, you can expect to perform the following tasks in this role:
HIRING BONUS - $750.00 after completion of all training
- Offer support to any person in need of assistance
- Monitor the environment for safety infractions or hazards
- Ensure that the site safety and emergency procedures are followed in response to fire alarms and other site emergencies
- Follow post orders and take direction and guidance from supervisors and management
- Conduct traffic and pedestrian control at the site access point
- Conduct vehicle and bag searches as required
- Patrol assigned areas on foot or in a motor vehicle to ensure the safety and security of personnel, structures, and assets
- Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations
- Liaise with emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personal, as required
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (All)
Emergency Medical Responder certification
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Sick Days
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time
Number of Openings for this position: 2