This position is a virtual field role in Canada. Site assignments will change over time but the primary focus will be on sites in western Canada.
The Amazon Last Mile Employee Relations team supports both Amazon and contractor teams that execute Amazon's last mile delivery services. The central objective of our team is to ensure treatment of employees that is fair, respectful, and consistent with our framework of our core business values and objectives. To support that objective, this position's responsibilities fall into proactive and reactive categories. We are seeking an Employee Relations Manager with a demonstrated ability to collaborate with and influence field operations managers, human resources, and contractors; to analyze multiple levels of employee and partner feedback to identify risks and gaps; to create, audit, and sustain positive workplace relations programs; and to design and conduct positive workplace relations training that drives best practices. The Manager also will work reactively on crisis-oriented situations that typically can only be successfully addressed under severe time constraints. The individual will work reactively on employee and labor relations issues that may arise at a single station, within a specific geographic region, or network-wide. Balancing time between projects and crisis-response is a critical component for success in the position.
The Manager will possess employee and labor relations expertise, excellent judgment, and highly-developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills. The Manager will be comfortable both presenting to senior leaders and communicating with frontline workers. The successful Manager will be a strong project manager, capable of independently owning large-scale, network-wide projects. The Manager will quickly become an important "source of truth" regarding whether the organization is meeting its core values and principles.
The position reports into the Operations Human Resources organization for Amazon.com. The resident location of the individual is virtual, preferably in a location near a major airport convenient for air travel. This position will initially support sites that are primarily located in western Canada. This is a full-time position that will require an average of up to 50% travel over the course of the year, sometimes with little or no notice.
• Detect and Mitigate Risks: Apply employee and labor relations expertise to successfully identify trends, gaps, and challenges; execute solution-focused strategies and programs to mitigate risks
• Crisis Management: Work reactively on crisis-oriented partner issues under extreme time limitations while exercising excellent judgment
• Project Management: Independently own large-scale, network-wide projects delivered on time that improve frontline experience
• Analyze and Interpret Data: Exercise strong analytical skills using data and anecdotes to develop persuasive narratives and recommendations; demonstrated ability to define and measure success of programs
• Communicate Effectively: Rapidly produce high-quality written communications that concisely analyze problems and recommends solutions; design and deliver highly-engaging training sessions
• Collaborate: Build constructive relationships with critical stakeholders to share information and influence change
• Problem Solve: Work independently with minimal supervision, in ambiguous situations, and persevere over internal and external barriers to drive resolutions
• Work at Scale: Launch and manage sustainable mechanisms for entire networksBASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in labor/employee relations a significant plus
• 7+ years of relevant experience in employee relations, labor relations, or labor/employment law with emphasis on labor and employee relations
• Experience in distribution, logistics and/or transportation industries highly desired
• Successful record of creating, improving and executing programs at scale
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail, able to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously while delivering on commitments
• Outstanding communication skills in written and verbal form; extensive public speaking, training, and/or leadership communication skills
• Solid sense of accountability, high-quality judgment and sound decision-making
• Ability to handle confidential information and escalate issues when appropriate
• Ability to quickly connect with people across a wide variety of cultural and socio-economic backgrounds
• Experience analyzing and using metrics to identify vulnerabilities and drive improvements in the employee experience
• Capable of significant domestic travel, sometimes with short notice, up to 50% of the time
• Skilled in MS Excel, Word, SharePoint & PowerPoint; curious about new learning technologiesPREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Works well in a fast-paced environment, flexible, able to change direction quickly and manage projects through ambiguity and constant change
- Advanced degree, JD, or other specialized training in Canada labor/employee relations
- Bilingual (French / English
- Experience in the transportation and logistics industries
- Previous experience managing operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.