WSP is currently seeking an Environmental Science and/or Engineering Student to join our Environmental Team, located at our Edmonton, AB office. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting our Environmental Team, we are looking for a self-motivated team member to help assist with surface water monitoring, groundwater monitoring, borehole drilling, data entry, reviewing of technical data, environmental site assessments, and remediation projects
- Work independently and with teams in both office and field settings
- Assist in the technical writing of letters and reports
- Assist in providing technical advice to clients and project teams (consultants and contractors)
- Manage multiple priorities
- Learn and excel through daily project work
- Follow all company policies and standard operating procedures
- Adhere to health and safety rules and regulations at all times
- Operate tools and machinery safely and efficiently according to company protocol
- Work with other team members to effectively complete assigned tasks
- Other duties as assigned/required
- 2nd, 3rd or 4th year student pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science and/or Engineering
- Excellent academic record
- Skilled in Microsoft Office programs including Word and Excel
- Ability to quickly identify and understand project issues and opportunities
- A team player who thrives on working with other successful, energetic people
- Excellent communicator, with strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Good initiative, attention to detail
- Must have a full Class 5 driver's license with a clean driving record
- Able to work long hours on one's feet and perform physically demanding tasks
- Physically healthy; must be able to lift 50+ pounds at a time
- Able to work out of town for extended periods (typically one to four weeks)
- Training in Standard First Aid, WHMIS, H2S Alive, and Ground Disturbance
- All applicants must include a cover letter and copy of transcripts with their resume.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians