Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more. The Opportunity:
WSP has a new opportunity for an Environmental Scientist to join our Remediation team based in Western Canada. This new opportunity will allow you to coordinate and conduct field work related to monitoring, investigating, and remediating contaminated sites impacted by hydrocarbons (diesel, gasoline crude oil etc.), as well as prepare technical reports. It is expected that you are self-motivated and will demonstrate strong time management and communication skills.
- Preparing and adhering to site-specific health and safety plans to mitigate or eliminate risks to you, WSP clients, employees and the public
- Working within a project team playing a key role in a variety of contaminant assessment and remediation projects
- Preparing proposals, including development of work scopes, schedules, and cost estimates for senior review
- Completing and assisting in data collection, compilation, interpretation and reporting for phased environmental site assessment, remediation and site monitoring
- Preparing technical reports for review by senior staff
- Project coordination including set-up of field work programs, preparation of field work instructions, budget and schedule management, subcontractor management, and project filing
- Post-secondary Degree or Diploma in Environmental Sciences or related
- A minimum of four years of experience in environmental consulting
- Previous experience with soil and groundwater sampling
- Excellent knowledge of environmental regulations in one or more provinces
- Strong awareness of health and safety issues and a safety conscious attitude
- Strong technical writing skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy of field notes
- A valid driver's license
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude, willingness to learn and the ability to work with little supervision
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.