We are currently looking to recruit a motivated, self-starting individual to join our team at the family-owned grain and beef cow operation in central Alberta. The successful candidate must enjoy the challenges of farming and needs to be comfortable working with others or independently as required. Some aspects of this position are physically demanding and as such applicants must be physically able to complete the key responsibilities. Secondary education in a mechanical discipline would be an asset, however, demonstrated experience and interest in maintaining and repairing equipment is a must. A Class 1/3 driver’s license would be an asset but the willingness and aptitude to become a class one driver (with our assistance) will be considered as well. The minimum requirement for an applicant to be considered is a class 5 driver’s license.
We have an approved LMIA and as such, in addition to Canadian residents, we will consider qualified foreign workers that currently hold or are eligible to obtain a work permit.
Key responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Responsible for the general maintenance and repair of a full line of farm equipment, quads and small engines. Must have proven mechanical, problem solving and organizational abilities. These skills will be applied to repair down equipment under time pressure as well as ensure preventative maintenance is completed and documented on appropriate intervals.
- Responsible to develop and maintain equipment PM and servicing program.
- Work with Operations Manager to assign R&M work to other staff or outsource as appropriate.
- Operation of large grain farming equipment (c/w AMS/GSP guidance) and haying, silage and cattle feeding equipment.
- Load/haul grain, hay, straw and cattle with tandem or tractor trailer units. A Class 1 and/or 3 license would be required or aptitude and willingness to acquire demonstrated.
- Assist with feeding/calving/vaccinating & general care of cattle as needed.
- Assist in all other farm operations as required.
- Must be willing to work extended hours and weekends as required.
- Report to Operations Manager.
Prior to finalizing the hiring process, the successful applicant must provide the following for our review and approval:
- a clean criminal record check
- clean drivers abstract
- negative drug test
If your skills and qualifications are a good fit for this position please email your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by December 23, 2022. We thank all those that apply, however, we will only contact individuals that are selected for interview.
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing