Requisition ID: 33190
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Purpose of Job
The Scotiatrust Estate & Trust Consultant works to deepen and strengthen the client's relationship with Scotia Wealth Management advisors and helps grow Scotia Wealth
Management by providing clients with customized, needs-driven solutions, leveraging the full suite of "Total Wealth" products and services. Major Accountabilities:
1. Deliver Scotiatrust's estate planning consultancy services to HNW Scotia Wealth Management clients, by:
- Partnering with Scotia Wealth Management advisors to meet with HNW clients and prospects.
- Undertaking high level review of client's existing Will/estate plan.
- Preparing high level estate plans summarizing client meeting and highlighting appropriate, needs-based estate planning strategies and solutions.
- Delivering Scotiatrust's estate planning service, including liaising with the client's lawyer and other external advisors to facilitate the production of a Will and related estate planning documents, to clients
- wishing to appoint Scotiatrust in a fiduciary capacity.
2. Business Development:
- Recommending and promoting appropriate Scotiatrust products and services, including, but not limited to: corporate executor and trustee appointments; Estate Assist and other agency services; and,
- philanthropic advisory services.
- Developing new Scotiatrust business and assisting with deepening client relationships with key referral sources including Scotia Wealth Management advisors, their HNW clients and Centres of Influence.
- Recognizing opportunities to make partner referrals in respect of other Total Wealth products and services, including, but not limited to: financial planning, business succession planning, investments,
- private banking and insurance opportunities.
- Deepening existing, and cultivating new, Centres of Influence through professional associations and other networking opportunities in order to deliver an exemplary client experience and to develop referral opportunities.
- Providing high level advice and guidance on estate, trust, incapacity and intergenerational wealth planning to high net worth Scotia Wealth Management clients.
3. As the primary point of contact strengthen relationships with existing HNW Will clients by:
- Maintaining regular client contact for existing Scotiatrust Will Bank Clients.
- Recognizing opportunities to benefit client by offering additional Scotiatrust and other "Total Wealth" products and services.
4. Play key risk management role by:
- Appreciating and following all relevant policies and procedures and functioning within the guidelines established for the role.
- Supporting Scotiatrust branches with technical expertise.
5. Contribute to the effective functioning of the Scotiatrust team by:
- Participating actively in team learning development activities and team performance achievements.
- Building effective working relationships across the team and with various business line and corporate function contacts.
- Maintaining a high level of client service.
- Facilitating a culture of open and honest communication.
- Actively participating and contributing to touch bases and team meetings.
- Encouraging the generation of new ideas and approaches.
- Actively share knowledge and experience to enhance the development of all team members.
- Developing and executing a meaningful employee development plan.
- Expert knowledge of estate planning and administration.
- Expert legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Thorough knowledge of relevant estate, tax, trust, incapacity, business, family and charity law.
- Working knowledge of foreign jurisdiction connection issues and implications.
- Expert knowledge of all Scotiatrust products and services.
- Thorough knowledge of Scotia Wealth products and services and delivery channels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate technical, often complex, estate planning concepts to both professional and lay audiences (including internal
- partners and clients).
- University Graduate, LLB preferred with Provincial Bar Membership.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Membership, Trust Industry accreditation and/or CFP designation preferred.
- Minimum three years estate planning experience.
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Calgary
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible.
ALL POSTINGS IN ME@SCOTIABANK WILL REMAIN LIVE FOR A MINIMUM OF 5 DAYS. Job Segment:
Consultant, Consulting, Bank, Banking, Risk Management, Contract, Finance