We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.The Opportunity:
WSP is seeking an experienced Geotechnical Engineer to join our BC & Yukon Geotechnical Engineering & Laboratory Group in one of our BC offices on a full-time basis. Your roles and responsibilities will entail a combination of technical work and involvement in developing our geotechnical engineering business including proposal writing, and client development.A day in the life:
We'd love to hear from you if you have ...
- You'll prepare proposals, cost estimates, and project timelines, as well as lead the planning, field support and completion of geotechnical site investigations;
- You'll perform all aspects of geotechnical investigations for buildings, highways, bridges, dams, tunnels, retaining walls, slope stability, and municipal infrastructure;
- You'll lead and prepare geotechnical studies and engineering reports providing recommendations on various geotechnical aspects in projects, based on studies and project-specific work;
- You'll review and interpret the monitoring information from geotechnical instrumentation and testing programs and provide geotechnical design recommendations and parameters for analyses and design of structure foundations through report review and writing;
- You'll provide technical assistance in troubleshooting construction-related problems and assist project managers with quality control or quality assurance testing issues, and attend site visits, meetings, etc. that might arise from time to time;
- You'll review construction materials testing and field monitoring of geotechnical aspects of projects;
- You'll work collaboratively with engineering staff on geotechnical consulting projects;
- You'll share technical knowledge across geographical boundaries to foster innovative project solutions;
- As required, you'll perform other tasks as part of your role in the team.
- A bachelor's degree in Geotechnical Engineering or Civil Engineering with Geotechnical emphasis from an accredited university.
- Registered, or eligible to be registered, as a P.Eng. with EGBC.
- A minimum of four (4) years of relevant experience as a Geotechnical Engineer, Geomechanics Engineer, or related position.
- Knowledge of standard geotechnical software such as GeoStudio, Rocscience, or other similar software suites.
- Openness to work away from the office and on project sites from time to time.
- Sense of initiative and be self-directed.
- Strong track record of managing and completing projects on time and on budget.
- Ability to perform critical evaluation of outputs for geotechnical analyses
Expected Salary (all locations): $72,600- $123,400
WSP Canada is providing the compensation range that the company in good faith believes it will pay for this position based on the successful applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities in addition to the specific geographic location. WSP
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.