We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion
. WSP has a new opportunity for an Intermediate or Experienced GIS Analyst to join our Prairies and North Environmental Management and Business Support team on a permanent position based in Calgary, Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Saskatoon or Yellowknife. A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP...
- High quality production mapping for projects in all of WSP's operating units;
- Supporting the GIS team in spatial analysis and data management;
- Creating and supporting GIS web applications and GIS solutions;
- Tool development as well as best-practice documentation;
- Working to support various fields including archaeology, geotechnical engineering, mining, and environmental sciences;
- Creating and management of enterprise geospatial databases;
The following proficiencies and experience would be considered assets:
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience working as a GIS Analyst or in a GIS-related role;
- Advanced Diploma in GIS or a combination of demonstrated GIS experience and post-secondary education;
- Strong cartographic skills including the ability to adhere to standards and communicate highly complex information in an accessible and attractive manner;
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Demonstrated time-management and task prioritization abilities;
- Demonstrated experience working as part of an interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced deadline and deliverable oriented setting;
- Demonstrated experience working with, organizing, analyzing, and mapping field-collected data;
- Strong verbal, written and graphical communication abilities;
- Strong organization skills;
- Proven ability to document and communicate work in a professional manner;
- Working experience in an environmental consulting organization;
- Working experience in the discipline fields of archaeology, geotechnical engineering, mining, and biological or environmental sciences;
- Working experience in the creation and management of enterprise geospatial databases;
- Working experience developing and implementing GIS solutions especially in the areas of productivity, QA/QC, mobile data capture, geospatial analysis, spatial ETL and workflow automation;
- Working experience in python scripting;
- Working experience in geospatial modeling;
- Functional experience with: ESRI Inc. ArcGIS Online and Collector, EarthSoft Inc. EQuIS, Safe Software FME, Autodesk Civil 3D or 3ds Max.
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.