Experienced Security Guard
Reference ID: 283484
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice among some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Job Skills / Requirements
To provide superior customer service to our clients and ensure that the property standards are upheld. You are an individual who is diligent and observant by maintaining a highly visible and reassuring presence, ability to interact with both clients and the public while preforming regular patrols and duties.
• Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required
• Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs
• Offer support to any person in need of assistance
• Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
• Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
• Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
Valid Alberta Security License
Minimum of one year previous security experience
Standard C First Aid is an asset
Previous experience in loss prevention and/or experience in conducting arrests is an asset
Training in PPCT is an asset
Exceptional customer service
Experience with electronic incident reporting software
Ability to walk 20 km per shift
Fluent in both verbal and written English
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full and Part-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Posted: December 5, 2017
Closes:February 3, 2018