F/T Multi-Platform Reporter-CityNews 660 Calgary
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team - and that's exactly what we're building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We're also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion - find out more at www.allinforequity.ca .
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We're looking for a full-time, dynamic, multi-platform reporter, writer, and storyteller. We need your drive to win, your dedication to journalism, and your determination to be the best broadcast journalist you can be.What you will do...
What you will bring...
- You will tell the truth, you will make it matter, and you'll never be boring
- With your incredible writing and performance skills, you will make every news report an exceptional news report
- When news breaks, you're already making phone calls and/or rushing to the scene to create a sense of urgency for those tuning in
- You'll work collaboratively with our radio, television and digital news teams
- Build strong community contacts so they'll turn to you first when they have a compelling story to tell
- You will help CityNews Calgary become the go-to for news in the city
Here's what you can expect in return:
- You know how to make stories matter and you're never boring
- A creative flair that stands out from the rest of the pack
- You know how to paint pictures with your words and create that 'theatre of the mind' for our listeners
- You're comfortable behind a mic and a camera - you will be called upon to report for CityNews Calgary as needed
- Skilled at writing compelling content for online and social media
- A natural curiousity - sniffing out unique stories is second nature to you
- You thrive in a team environment
- You want to win every day
As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
- As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are working from home, and are equipped to do so safely and efficiently
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 535 7th Avenue Sout West (811), Calgary, AB
Travel Requirements: No Selection
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 268249
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work: Our people are at the heart of our success Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do We do what's right, each and every day We believe in the power of new ideas We work as one team, with one vision We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ .
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media
Calgary, AB, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Network, Telecom, Telecommunications, Technology
Information Technology Telecommunications