Join our team
This is a transformational opportunity to work on TELUS' #1 strategic investment; delivering an extraordinary customer experience by expanding our PureFibre infrastructure directly to homes and businesses across B.C., Alberta and Quebec. We are on a mission to ensure speed and capacity for generations to come, and to create the foundation for access to future solutions like the connected home, smart cities, and our TELUS Health applications.
Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together:
You will work together with our build partner(s) to maximize the build efficiency, increase schedule predictability and identify unit cost efficiencies while driving sustainable & strong engagement with our partners. You will provide field level oversight to lead the construction of the new fibre network while providing guidance to build partner groups in Outside Plant construction, in aerial, underground and buried builds. Here's how:
• You will lead TELUS' build partners involved in the build of all TELUS PureFibre infrastructure
• By handling the implementation of our Outside Plant infrastructure across various communities in AB and BC
• By verifying that work site safety is being followed and by promoting a safe work environment through in-field safety audits
• You will maintain high quality standards and compliancy to ensure workload is retired as planned to meet strategic objectives
• Working closely with various internal and external teams to develop consistent operating processes within the construction discipline
• Identifying and removing challenges that would otherwise impede progress. Actively communicate build project status and any risks.
• By ensuring the quality of construction through in-field quality audits and activity seek solutions with build partners.
• You will review financial documents in order to ensure accuracy and to find opportunities for savings.
• You will take overall ownership of the build in an assigned wire center.
This role is 70% in field (on the ground in neighborhoods and communities assigned) and 30% mobile office based. Qualifications:You're the missing piece of the puzzle:
• With your customer First passion and your ability to maintain a high level of performance under varying conditions and time constraints
• With your I&R experience ( drop placement specific) and related work-site safety experience
• You will bring your experience collaborating with customers to resolve customer service issues
• You can exemplify, illustrate, promote and apply our values
• You have behavioral flexibility, tenacity and positive oral and written communication skills
• Demonstration of sound judgment and decisiveness
• With your proven team leadership skills
• Validated ability to analyze, monitor and manage a budget
• With your talent to improve performance through observing, assessing and sharing information about performance expectations with various teams.
• Put your strong collaboration and influencing skills to use across the organization and up and down the hierarchy
• You are a fast learner with an entrepreneurial spirit and a proficiency to prioritize in a dynamic changing environment.
• You have a related degree/diploma or equivalent related experience. Great-to-haves
• Strong knowledge of Outside Plant and related work-site safety.
• Previous related management experience.
• PMP certification. Who is TELUS?
We're a high-performing team of individuals who collectively make TELUS one of the leading telecommunications companies in Canada. Our competitive consumer offerings include wireline, wireless, internet and Optik TV™. We also deliver a compelling range of products and services for small, medium and large businesses; and have carved out a leadership position in the health, energy, finance and public sector markets with innovative industry specific solutions.
Everyone belongs at TELUS. It doesn't matter who you are, what you do or how you do it, at TELUS, your unique contribution and talents will be valued and respected. Because the more diverse perspectives we have the more likely we are to crack the code on what our customers want and our communities need.
Do you share our passion?
At TELUS, you
create future friendly® possibilities.
At TELUS, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.