Independent Contractor Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problemsCurrent opportunities include longer-term Toronto and surrounding area based positions. The applicants are encouraged to highlight their working condition preferences in their cover letters.What will your typical day look like?
In this role a typical day will vary based on position and client and you will be responsible for:
• Ensure contracts are administered according to contract, company procedures and company policies;
• Payment and change order administration;
• Monitor contractor performance in accordance with contract;
• Manage commercial relationship with contractor;
• Support continuous improvement in company's organization; and,
• Control company's risks and proactively resolve contract issues.About the team
Deloitte's Capital Projects group is seeking contract administrators to join their capital projects delivery roster. Approved candidates will join the roster and then be eligible for select contract based positions to supplement client project and contract management teams. Candidates will benefit from Deloitte subject matter expertise, coaching and ongoing support during contract placements.
A range in skill level and experience is required and the contract administration positions vary based client requirements. Current opportunities include longer-term predominantly greater Montreal based positions. The applicants are encouraged to highlight their working condition preferences in their cover letters.Enough about us, let's talk about you
• Hold a University Degree;
• Min 5 years Supply Chain Management / contract administration experience in construction and field services contracts;
• Understanding of contract structures, terms and conditions;
• Site based experienced in oil and gas industry, energy generation, or construction;
• Superior written and oral communication skills;
• Analytical and problem solving skills with a high attention to detail;
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work to tight deadlines;
• Strong interpersonal skills and experience managing relationships; and,
• Team building and networking skills; as well as exceptional Microsoft Office computer skills in Word and Excel.
Note: Flexibility to travel to site is required. Current proposed positions are in the surrounding Toronto area. Local candidates are preferred however, for a qualified FCA, client will consider a candidate from outside of the Toronto area and would compensate for accommodation, meals and travel time.Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.