From small businesses to some of the world's best-known brands, our clients count on reliable financial statements, information and processes to inform their ongoing strategies. More than ever, business is about interpreting and reacting to complex data - and they look to us for advice and services they can trust every time. You'll use your professional skills and experience to make it happen, handling complex audit procedures across a broad range of industries and responsibilities. You won't find an assurance culture like this anywhere else, so whether you're looking for a long-term, or are interested in progressing on to other areas, this is a great place to be. The opportunity
As a Finance Optimization (FO) Manager, you will be a professional member of our Financial Accounting Advisory Services (FAAS) team. The FAAS FO group operates principally through 4 main pillars: Finance Strategy, Finance Operational Efficiency, Enterprise Performance Management and Strategic Cost Management. We understand the evolving role of the CFO and the Finance function, and work with our clients to automate and streamline efficiency, control, and compliance functions, while simultaneously improving the value Finance provides to the organization. Together with our substantial investments in technology, knowledge, and learning resources available to our advisory professionals, you will be part of the team that delivers fit for purpose financial optimization advisory services to our clients and their stakeholders. Your key responsibilities
As a FAAS FO Manager, you will actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships. You will help to develop long-term client relationships and networks, as well as develop relationships with team members across all EY practices to service client needs. By drawing on your financial and data analytics knowledge and experience, you will provide innovative commercial insights for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs and contribute to thought leadership. You will actively contribute to improving data integrity and quality, operational and reporting efficiency, and effective decision making. FAAS - FO focuses on supporting finance leaders in assessing, designing and implementing innovative and effective finance operating models, processes and technologies across all areas of the finance function (e.g. Record to Report, Procure to Pay, Acquire to Retire, etc.). Your role will be to lead projects and business development activities working with a wide variety of clients across multiple sectors. Skills and attributes for success Client responsibilities
• Lead/support external client consulting engagements involving the advancement of the CFO agenda, looking at a company's internal finance and accounting processes and advising clients on solutions to increase processing efficiency, drive automation or reengineer existing processes to better align with future state target operating models; • Lead / support business development initiatives including service offering development and roll-out, proposal development, responding to RFX's and participating in oral presentations • Specialization in a particular area, service offering or industry and ability to support subject matter advisors and relevant go-to-market activities in this area • Assist in managing the financial and commercial aspects of engagements by organizing staffing, tracking fees and communicating issues to project leaders; and • Build strong internal relationships within FAAS and across EY's service lines including Advisory, Tax and Transactions People Management responsibilities
• Develop people through effective coaching, supervision and mentoring • Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for staff • Contribute to people initiatives including recruiting, retaining and training Finance & Performance Management professionals • Maintain an educational program to continually develop personal skills • Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures To qualify for the role you must have:
• Strong academic record including a bachelor's degree and 5+ years of related work experience; or a graduate degree and approximately 4+ years of related work experience • Professional designation and/or qualification i.e. MBA, CA, CPA • Strong knowledge of: What we look for
• Finance transformation • Process transformation and improvement • Planning, budgeting and forecasting • Performance measurement and management • Business performance reporting • Financial statement close process • Cost allocation and management • Track record with a blue-chip consulting firm in the field • Experience in delivering projects that cover the full life cycle of assessment, design and implementation support • Project and change management • The ability to work collaboratively in a team environment • Dedication to teamwork and leadership, with experience in managing and/or mentoring junior staff and providing direction to team members • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to think critically and identify creative solutions outside of the box and thrive on new challenges • Excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and presentation • A high level of motivation and a self-starting attitude • A willingness to travel on short notice to meet client needs
We're interested in strong team players who support their colleagues in reaching their goals while also considering their own workload and development. What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around • Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career • The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you About EY
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply now.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance