Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
At TD Canada Trust, we are the frontline of TD Bank. We strive to build deep and long- lasting relationships with our customers. By understanding their needs and providing personalized financial solutions, our purpose is to help our customers and small businesses achieve their financial goals.
We are looking for brand champions, relationship builders, and leading professionals with an understanding of market and economic trends that can build legendary customer experiences.
Join TD Canada Trust and think like a customer, act like an owner, innovate with purpose and execute with an impact. Job Description
Are you passionate about connecting personally with customers to assist them in achieving their financial goals? Do you love exploring and understanding investment options that best suit customers' financial needs? Then join us as a Financial Advisor
and demonstrate your subject matter expertise in providing sound financial planning advice to promote customer loyalty and investment returns.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Play a key role in advising customers of high level financial solutions from a range of available investment and credit banking solutions
- By asking thoughtful financial questions, engage with customers and create positive experiences to retain and deepen relationships
- Increase customer financial confidence by providing personalized financial advice, answering customer questions, and addressing their concerns; raising matters as appropriate to team members or partners while maintaining confidentiality and accuracy
- Act as a point of contact for the frontline staff in handling customer problems
- Maintain professional space in common areas as per marketing and regulatory guidelines
- Work closely with existing and prospective customers to provide financial reviews, discuss portfolio updates and suggest additional personalized solutions based on their financial goals
- Stay knowledgeable about emerging issues, evolving regulations and industry codes of conduct as well as participate in process improvement opportunities to protect the interests of the organization
- Strive to achieve and improve service level agreements and productivity targets
- Ensure documents are prepared consistent with relevant regulations and in a way properly reflecting business intentions
- Participate fully as a team member, help build a positive and diverse work environment, willingly assist and mentor others in the completion of work activities, and address communication issues efficiently
- High school diploma with over 1 year of relevant experience
- Completion of IFIC or CSC Course
- CFSA must be completed, if hired
- Post-Secondary or Undergraduate degree in related field is an asset
- Sound knowledge of advanced investing and credit processes, banking solutions and concepts in order to provide personalized advice to customers in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency in software tools including MS Office, and internet application
- Tactful communicator able to exchange ideas and customer information in a concise and logical way
- A self-initiator with strong organizational, planning and time management skills
**Additional language skills are considered an asset**
- Opportunities available across the Calgary market; please indicate any preferences regarding location.
- Candidates who have flexibility with location and are mobile throughout the entire city of Calgary & surrounding communities of Chestermere, Cochrane, Okotoks, and High River, are preferred.
- It is understood that you will have flexibility to work on a rotational basis as part of the branch team.
- Branch hours may vary depending on location. Extended hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 8pm, Saturdays 8am to 4pm and Sundays 11am to 4pm.
- Current or previous experience in financial services industry is required.
- University degree or community college diploma in a related field is an asset.
- To be considered for this position, you will have completed either Investment Funds in Canada (IFC) or Canadian Securities Course (CSC). Please include copy of certificate (either IFC or CSC) when submitting your application by uploading to your candidate profile.
- If you have not already completed the CFSA course or an equivalency, employees will be required to complete CFSA within 12 months of start date.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Banking, Finance and Insurance