Requisition ID: []
Join the Global Community of Scotiabankers to help customers become better off. Job Purpose
As a member of the branch sales team you are responsible for contributing to the team's overall success by meeting/exceeding negotiated deposit and investment sales goals through effective management of your assigned portfolio of customers. Your primary role is to establish/deepen investment and primary banking relationships with existing 'assigned' customers as well as customers referred by branch partners.
Leading with a financial planning approach, you will offer customized planning and advice focused on helping customers achieve their investment and retirement goals; recommending appropriate solutions and providing ongoing relationship management. Along with your own prospecting and customer relationship management activities you'll also assist branch advisors in providing advice to customers with more complex investment and retirement planning needs to help increase the advisors' knowledge, skills and confidence with Scotiabank's deposit and investment solutions. In addition you will be responsible for acting on internal referrals from other team members and for identifying and transitioning customers with borrowing needs to the most appropriate Advisor in the branch.
You will contribute to the branch's overall success by meeting negotiated personal sales and activity goals through the identification and fulfilment of customer needs as well as referrals to our small business, commercial and wealth management partners. Non-financial objectives include customer satisfaction, teamwork, meeting operational and compliance requirements, and pursuing personal development.
You are also responsible for contributing to a positive customer and employee experience by delivering efficient, straightforward and knowledgeable service throughout your daily interactions, fostering relationships of mutual trust, respect and confidence. Key Accountabilities
Develop and build trusted customer relationships with emphasis on providing advice relative to more complex investment and retirement planning strategies by:
- Understands customer's life priorities and preferences, analyzing their needs and recommending the
- relevant advice and solutions to help them achieve their goals.
- Using financial planning tools to demonstrate the benefit of advice provided and support the solutions recommended with emphasis on meeting the customers short, medium and long term investment needs
- Conducting comprehensive reviews for assigned clients including retirement planning, wealth
- accumulation and estate planning etc. actively engaging customers in the process.
- Identifying referral opportunities in response to changes in needs/preferences and where necessary,
- referring the customer to the appropriate Wealth Management Partner.
- Generating and closing in-branch referrals and mining of branch generated competitor statements.
- Provide high quality advice, across the full range of deposits and investment products and services.
Effectively execute business development activities focused on driving deposit and investment sales growth by:
- Implementing a highly proactive customer contact strategy including planned calls, a prescribed # of
- customer financial plans/reviews completed each week along with a disciplined next diarized contact plan.
- Focusing on the targeted customer segment, based on investment potential, supporting other segments
- As required.
- Leveraging lead generation tools to identify untapped opportunities to expand existing customer's
- portfolio of deposit and investment business.
- Preparing/delivering presentations and seminars to customers, prospective customers and Centres of Influence for business development purposes.
- Asking for referrals from satisfied customers to generate sales and increase market share.
- Conducting outbound marketing activities to potential prospects.
Contribute to an optimal customer service and advice experience by:
- Consistently delivering on our service and advice promise through adherence to our defined Customer Experience Delivery model during all customer and employee interactions.
- Creating comprehensive financial plans leveraging relevant financial planning modules and advice based
- tools and resources.
- Deliver on the complex advice expectations of our customers.
- Networking with industry specialists to remain knowledgeable and current in marketplace trends and legislation.
- Demonstrating a degree of flexibility to meet with customers at mutually convenient times/locations.
- Maintaining a professional image that is a positive reflection of Scotiabank
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Grande Prairie
As Canada's International Bank, we are a leader when it comes to inclusion. We are a diverse and global team, speaking more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Candidates selected for an interview will be contacted directly. If you require accommodation during the recruitment and selection process, please let us know. We will work with you to provide as seamless a recruitment experience as possible. Job Segment:
Financial, Bank, Banking, Retail Sales, Business Development, Finance, Retail, Sales