Finning Canada Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Finance Manager supporting the Customer Support team, the Financial Analyst is responsible for supporting financial analysis, manual journal vouchers and ad-hoc reporting.
In this role, the incumbent will extract data, review, analyze and summarize financial data, build reports, and provide recommendations that will support management presentations and decisions associated to the customer support team. You are known to be curious, proactive, detail oriented and thrive in a busy environment.
If this opportunity aligns with your skills, abilities and education, please apply.Job Description:
Education and Qualifications
- Support the Customer Support team in gathering financial data; utilizing existing ERP systems, general ledger and reporting tools.
- Create ad hoc reports, enhance current reports to expedite analysis for management decision making.
- Measures financial results against budget and forecasts, including provide commentaries on variances.
- Review of monthly financial operating results, identifying key trends, variances, and areas of improved performance.
- Performs financial analysis and able to interpret financial and non-financial information, and to communicate the analysis to stakeholders.
- Assists in the development of the annual budget and quarterly forecasts and analyzes actual and budgeted / forecast figures on an ongoing basis.
- Post-secondary degree in Finance or Accounting. Candidate currently pursuing professional accounting designation is preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills, ability to work with lookups and pivot tables; having a systems aptitude will be useful
- Minimum 2 years of combined experience in Accounting or Financial Analytics would be ideal.
- Able to perform financial analysis, create financial reports, and analyze profitability
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple deliverables
- Strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and curious to learn the business and new concepts
- Detail oriented and able to work independently and/or as part of a team in a high-performance culture
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Accounting Banking, Finance and Insurance