Permanent Reference code
:113922 Primary Location:
Calgary, Alberta, Canada All Available Locations:
Calgary, AB; Edmonton, AB; Halifax, NS; Kanata, ON; Kitchener, ON; Saint John, NB; St. John's, NL; Toronto, ON; Vancouver, BC; Victoria, BC; Windsor, ON; Winnipeg, MB Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
--If you are a highly analytical, exceptional business advisor focused on making a difference than we want to hear from you!What will your typical day look like?
- Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Experience MyFlex and an agile work environment where work is what you do not where you do it
As a Financial Analyst within the Finance Accelerate Program, you will foster strong working relationships within the Firm (Firm leadership and multiple finance teams) and leverage exceptional technical skills to perform analysis that will aid business leaders with their strategic decisions. You will prepare and present insights based on analyses, key metrics trending, and assist in the preparation of presentation materials. Furthermore, you will support on requests on an as-needed basis, including support on financial modeling, forecasting, and planning.About the team
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the incumbent will support various finance teams, including Financial Planning and Analysis as well as the Financial Analysis and Business Support function for the overall firm. This position provides an excellent opportunity for those who are looking to get a wide breadth of experiences and exposure. You will work alongside the Finance Manager to support the Firm's leaders to drive operational excellence and outstanding financial performance by providing insightful, actionable recommendations related to, but not limited to, financial results, analysis requests from the leadership team, financial modeling, planning, and forecasting.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• A degree in business/commerce or pursuing of professional accountant designation (CPA) preferred,
• 1-2 years of experience in a finance and/or accounting role (through full time opportunities or co-op/internship placement) in a fast-paced environment
• Strong business fundamentals and financial acumen, with exceptional communication skills and strong interpersonal skills, with keen attention to detail
• Strong logical reasoning, and ability to prioritize workload amongst competing timelines
• The ability to think strategically and have the curiosity to dig deep into complex issues and underlying rationale
• A desire to find unique solutions to key challenges and communicate findings
• Strong Excel skills with the ability to efficiently handle large data sets, and precisely communicate the underlying business headlines to Firm Leadership
• Experience in SAP, COGNOS, Anaplan (desirable)Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Financial Analyst, Financial, Intern, Accounting, Equity, Finance, Entry Level
Management and Executive