What is the opportunity?
As an integral member of the Wealth Management Services team, your role as a Financial Planning Specialist is to work with our Advisors to deliver high value customized advice and financial planning to High Net Worth (HNW) clients of RBC. As a valued partner, you will also assist with business development, opportunity spotting and revenue generation.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Prepare comprehensive financial plans that meet client's specific needs in the areas of financial, investment, retirement, and risk management planning.
- Personalize each financial plan to provide expert knowledge around issues affecting clients, such as: holding companies, employee stock options, individual pension plans, retirement compensation agreements, gift and charitable planning, etc.
- Simplify complex strategies to assist Advisors
- Deliver presentations to Advisors and clients
- Provide ongoing coaching to the Financial Planning Analysts assisting in the preparation of financial plans
- Promote and support a work environment that inspires innovation, creativity, collaboration and diversity
- Develop strong internal and external networks and referral sources
- Effective communication skills both oral and written
- Ten years of relevant experience in all aspects of financial planning
- Professional designation such as CA, CGA, LLB, or CMA
- Complex financial planning experience
- Strong analytical and judgment skills.
- Computer skills : Microsoft Office, "Naviplan Extended" or CCH - (planning software).
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently
What's in it for you?
- Financial planning designation: CFPor RFP
- Investment and insurance industry knowledge are also strong assets
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Royal Bank of Canada is Canada's largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America's leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com .Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. It's easy! Join our Talent Community and get the inside scoop on the jobs, career paths, and recruitment events that matter to you.Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
RBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.JOB SUMMARY City:Calgary
Address:14505 Bannister Road SE
Career Level:Experienced Hire/Professional
Required Travel (%):0-25
Req ID:311316 Posting Notes:
Management and Executive