Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date: Number of Opening:
Be a part of what the future of Mining looks like….
The Finning Autonomy Site Engineer reports to the Autonomous Solutions Manager and plays an integral role in the daily production and utilization of metrics of the Caterpillar Command for Hauling Site. This position is responsible for providing analysis of the site's performance relative to manned fleet production and the identification of safety, system and operational improvements.
This position is also responsible for developing MineStar, Command, and mining process strategies that satisfy production goals of the mine operation. You will be responsible for implementing these strategies in an ongoing successful manner, and analyzing the results.
The Finning Autonomy Site Engineer also works very closely with the Site Managers on various special projects focused on improving the overall performance of the Cat Command for Hauling System. This will be varied and broad in nature, depending on the needs of the operation and the application. This role will frequently interact with the customer as well as engineering organizations within Caterpillar.
You will play a key role in closely interacting with the MineStar AHS Controllers, MineStar AHS Planners, and Mine Operations production supervisors to ensure the achievement of production goals.
This exciting position will also play a hands on role that requires a close interaction with operations, engineering, and geology and on site Finning team on a daily basis, supporting the decision making process and cost reduction initiatives.
Interested? Please apply today. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Analyze and advise on production requirements and application of Command
- Develop processes, using analytical methods for maximizing system performance with given constraints
- Ensure the integrity of AHS data
- Manage Special Projects Teams as deemed appropriate by the AHS Site Manager
- Audit MineStar Mine Model and application with a focus on driving consistency across crews
- Validate that MineStar data is meaningful, accurate and provide actionable feedback for the objectives of the mine's mine plans on a daily basis
- Liaising with the Mine Operations and Mine Engineering key players to ensure valid modeling and output data
- Report any (system or mine) operational issues in a timely manner
- Interact with AHS Site Manager to help define and implement MineStar system
- Maintain a pro-active approach to all aspects of operational safety
- Audit, Implement and follow all mine and Company HSE policies and procedures
- Actively work with the Operations Team to ensure Safety Procedures are up to date, relevant, and practical
- Ensure that MineStar mine models are laid out in compliance with mine, Company and national health, safety and environmental guidelines, policies, procedures and legislation
- Interact with mine operations areas as required
- Interact with mine planning and engineering as required
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality
- Run projects to help develop customer requirements and develop customer processes to work with system constraints
- Continuously work to identify improvements to the system performance to optimize production
- Identify best practices and work with the operations team for successful implementation
- Evaluate continuously the data accuracy and integrity in the Manned FLEET and AHS system
- Understand what data can be used, and how it should be used in performance analysis
- Understand the proper procedures in case of critical failures in the system
- Attend periodic training
Education & Experience:
- Strong analytical skills
- Team player
- Strong customer focus
- Hands on team management style with clearly focused business goals
- Willing to do shift work in remote locationsy
- Fleet Dispatch knowledge
- Mine Planning knowledge
- Cad/Cam, Vulcan or other Mine Engineering software knowledge
- An understanding of mine maintenance planning systems
- Degree in Engineering preferred (Mining, civil, geological, informatics or related)
- Fleet Dispatch experience
- Mine Planning experience
- Cad/Cam, Vulcan or other Mine Engineering software experience
- Minimum of 3 years of open pit mining experience
- Minimum of 1 year active management experience in the mining industry
- Willing to do shift work in remote locations
- This will be a 10 days on/10 days off, continuous shift
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.