Requisition ID: 148458
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Description
Do you have exceptional people and management skills? Are you wanting to manage a team of dedicated, goal-oriented employees? Or lead your team to be the most successful they can be?
We're looking for you!
As the Assistant Manager, you will lead and oversee the overall success of the Retail Sales and Customer Experience teams in one of our branches to ensure business strategies, initiatives, and individual goals are achieved in support of your team's objectives. You will lead and drive a customer-focused culture throughout your team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader bank relationships, systems, and knowledge, as well as ensure that your team has a clear understanding of the branch's financial and non-financial goals.More of what you do will include:
- Collaborate effectively with Branch Partners, like Scotia Wealth Management, Scotia Asset Management, Commercial Group, Scotialife Financial, etc.
- Provide excellent customer experiences and demonstrate 'Our Service Promise' by being Friendly, Willing to Assist, Efficient, and Professional
- Execute sales & service management activities as outlined in our Branch Management Disciplines and foster growth in customer adoption of digital bank activities and self-service channels
- Accurate and timely completion of daily and periodic monitoring activities, confirmation of compliance with bank policies, and verifying that effective risk management is in place
- Review and provide oversight of Real Estate Secured Lending (RESL) Credit Files prior to submission to Pre-Fund Review team
- Assign roles within your team in conjunction with the Branch Manager
- Act as the main point of contact for internal support groups like the Customer Contact Centre (CCC), the Shared Services Group (SSG) and the Centralized Accounting Unit (CAU)
- Create and promote an inclusive environment in which your team pursue effective and efficient operations of their roles, while meeting Scotiabank's standards and policies
- Provide an environment that encourages, retains, and develops your team by promoting and fostering a friendly, inclusive work environment and communicate strategy for your team
- Self-Identify as First Nations, Metis, or Inuit
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Post-secondary degree, diploma, or certification in Financial Planning and ongoing completion of supported Continuing Education courses and activities
- License to sell Mutual Funds
- Advanced knowledge of sales and service management activities and techniques
- Knowledge of service applications like Sales Builder, IntraLink, Worklist, Forms-Free Teller-FFT, etc.
- Knowledge of daily and periodic bank routines, procedures and policies including Branch Controls and Branch Applications
- Thorough knowledge of cash, custody, security processes and procedures
- Knowledge of Mutual Funds Compliance Officer responsibilities, processes, and guidelines
- Strong computer skills
- Thorough knowledge of people and performance management techniques
Location(s): Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : Alberta : Calgary || Canada : Alberta : Red Deer || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Saskatchewan : Saskatoon
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Assistant Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Regional Manager, Management, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Management and Executive