Forestry Superintendent - Silviculture
High Level, AB
Under the direction and supervision of the Woodlands Manager, the Forestry Superintendent provides leadership for the silviculture program across Tolko’s High Level Woodlands operations which encompasses a geographical area of diverse ecology and silviculture practices. Leading a team of professionals, the Forestry Superintendent is responsible for preparing budgets, planning silviculture programs, and meeting all regulatory and environmental obligations in the most cost effective manner. Additionally, the successful applicant will be responsible for ensuring personal, company, and contractor safety in all areas of the workplace.
The Forestry Superintendent interfaces internally with other woodlands departments as well as outside contractors, First Nations, Government agencies, and other key stakeholders.Qualifications:
- University Degree or Technical Diploma in Forestry;
- Active Registered Professional Forester (CAPF) or Forest Technician (CAPFT) designation;
- Good understanding of Alberta forest policies, guidelines, and regulations;
- Possess a positive attitude, self-initiative and motivation;
- Strong attention to detail and a high degree of accountability;
- 5-10 years of experience in forest management;
- Must be a strong team player with exceptional organization, communication, supervisory and interpersonal skills.
With state-of-the-art operations across Western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our mills throughout Western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and by providing employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to make great things and build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We Offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side by side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!
If this position sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until the position has been filled.We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.