We are seeking a Front-end Developer to contribute to converting our large Rails app to an API driven progressive web application. You will help define our patterns and best practices, as well as tune the end user experience and performance issues that come with a transition of this scale. There is an opportunity to be a leader and mentor both technically and culturally within our growing team.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2008, Clio is transforming the practice of law, for good. Whether it's our industry-leading cloud-based practice management platform
, our ground-breaking Legal Trends Report
or our ever-popular Clio Cloud Conference
, Clio is at the forefront of advancing the legal sphere.
Clio makes lawyers' lives simpler and helps them better organize and manage their legal practices. As one of Canada's fastest-growing companies with international reach, we employ over 250 individuals with offices in Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, and Dublin to support a rapidly growing customer base spanning 90 countries. Clio has been recognized as one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
, one of CIX's Top 20 Most Influential Technology Companies
, one of Canada's Top Small & Medium Employers
, and has one of Canada's 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures
. Who you are:
Our team is proactive, collaborative and passionate about what we do. We value each others' opinions and are relentless in our drive to grow, learn and perform at a high level. We don't play the "blame-game", but still hold each other accountable and to a high standard. We are a team that understands we only win by working together.
What you'll be doing:
- Computing Science (or equivalent) degree;
- Know how to write code that performs at scale;
- You are curious and are always striving to improve yourself, and your team;
- You are a rational and critical thinker who seeks solutions when you find problems;
- You are a humble team player who leads by example.
Bonus points if you have:
- Delivering customer value through beautiful UIs with CSS and HTML;
- Converting a large Rails app to a API driven progressive web application;
- Updating our front-end build pipeline from a Rails based implementation to Webpack
- Shaping how we drive towards that goal and help solve real world problems in the process;
- Participating in code reviews and paired programming.
- Have previous experiences from similar environments you are eager to share;
- Have a record of experimenting with modern JS libraries, paradigms, and patterns.
We could talk to you about our ping pong table, beer taps, yoga classes, and nap room, but, we know you're looking for more than that. Instead, here are a few of the things that set us apart and make us the employer of choice for top talent
in Canada and beyond:
Diversity and Inclusion
- The chance to do work that matters on a product that truly changes lives . This is the place for driven people who want to make their mark.
- The freedom to choose your own path (and change it) to build a meaningful career that works for you.
- Excellent health and dental coverage, vacation time, parental leave options and education spending
- An RRSP matching program
- Regular games nights and team outings with the best coworkers you'll ever work with
We believe that ensuring diversity and inclusion will produce a better place to work and a better product. We encourage all candidates to apply.
You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Posted: July 15, 2018
Closes: September 13, 2018