2250 162 Avenue Sw Unit 100, Calgary, Alberta, T2Y 4Z9
Join a locally owned and operated store to help deliver health, beauty and convenience services in your community, and keep the customer at the centre of everything you do.Why this role is important?SUMMARY:
Managing the customer service functions, including cash, cashiers and merchandising. DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures cashier/merchandising staff comply with all store policies and operating procedures
- Trains cashiers/merchandisers in job functions
- Provides on-going guidance and instruction
- Ensures all loss prevention standards are implemented, manages daily cash office inventory and cashier tracking, tracking sheets, PC Optimum procedures
- Ensures store employees present proper image to the public in accordance with Uniform Policy and Dress Code Guidelines (ie. clean appearance, approved uniform, name badge)
- Answers inquiries regarding location of product, rainchecks, etc.
- Resolves customer issues according to established guidelines (refunds, exchanges, etc.)
- Promotes the CSI Survey
- Ensures shelves are clean and organized with proper rotation
- Ensures product displays are set up and taken down as directed by the AFSM/FSM
- Monitors inventory level and informs AFSM/FSM
- Puts up and takes down flyer/event POP as per the POP Placement/Hot Spot documents located on the In-Store Web
- Maintains cleanliness and ensure washrooms are stock with proper items throughout the shift ie. toilet paper/paper towel
QUALIFICATIONS Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Ensures standards of housekeeping and store image are maintained
- Complies with all Health and Safety requirements: supervises employees to ensure correct work procedures are followed, communicates hazard information and control procedures, consults employees and provides feedback to management, cooperates with Health and Safety committee or representative, holds accountable any employees reporting to them.
- May be asked to perform clerical and banking duties
- Complies with all store policies and procedures
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed in the store
- Perform other duties as required including Cashier duties when necessary
- Runs the end of day for the POS system
- Responsible for opening and closing the store as per key holder duties (as required)
- Independent thinking as it relates to organizing store
- Problem solving is essential to ensure customer satisfaction
- Plan work to maximize efficiency and minimize costs
- Stock appropriate inventory levels
- Customer service oriented
- Computer literate
- Efficient time management skills
- Familiarity with retail business
- Knowledge of products and supplies
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb ladder
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions and duties as required for proper evaluation of the job and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
J2WRTL Why work in a Shoppers Drug Mart store?
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business owner while having the support of a national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, flexible and varied schedules, competitive pay and online learning through SDMU.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your patients, co-workers, customers and community.
Associate Owners in the Shoppers Drug Mart network recognize Canada's diversity as an opportunity to better serve their communities, and strive to reflect the nation's evolving diversity in the products they sell, the people they hire, and the culture they create in their stores. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct - it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.