Functional Area Lead – Finishing (1 year term)Slave Lake, Alberta
The Functional Area Lead – Finishing is responsible for the smooth flow of panels from the press out feed through the saw line and board cooler to the finishing and packaging area and into the warehouse. This position is responsible for the finishing team and to ensure Tolko products are of the highest quality and packaged to a Tolko OSB presentation standard. Key responsibilities of this position include setting and meeting aggressive targets in safety, quality, production, uptime, efficiency, and spending.Qualifications:
- Previous supervisory experience in an industrial production environment and previous shift work experience
- Experience in shipping/logistics in a computerized environment
- A good working knowledge of OSB manufacturing, experience with continuous process operating large industrial machinery
- Grade 12 education or equivalent is required
- Strong people skills with the ability to inspire and motivate employees
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
With state-of-the-art operations across western Canada, Tolko is a leading manufacturer of a wide range of forest products for customers around the world. For over 60 years, our family-owned company has been recognized by our customers and business partners for being reliable, flexible, efficient and offering quality products. With the third generation of family leadership, we’re continuing that legacy today in our divisions throughout western Canada and joint ventures in the Southern United States.
At Tolko, our values, vision and mission aren’t just what we believe. They’re how we work, live and serve our customers every day. Fundamental to our success is a committed workforce that thrives on change, building relationships, and a drive toward excellence.
We are committed to the well-being of future generations through responsible operational and environmental performance. This commitment applies to all aspects of our business. We hold third-party certification on the forestlands that we sustainably manage in BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan. And, through our community investment strategy, we strive to play an active and constructive role in the communities where we live and work. Whether we’re providing jobs, volunteering or giving through donations, we work to make our communities stronger and more vibrant through active participation.
When you join Tolko, you’re saying yes to a company that has been built on integrity, respect, and provides employees with the inclusive environment, support and opportunity they need to build great lives.
We’re more than an industry leader. We’re the place where you succeed as our most valuable resource!We offer:
For more information, check out our latest YouTube video!A Career With Tolko Is More Than A Job
- An unyielding commitment to your personal safety
- Competitive pay and exceptional benefits
- The opportunity to work with the best and brightest in the industry
- Diverse opportunities
- An open, innovative culture
- A positive, dynamic work environment
- Technical and leadership training to ensure you work successfully and safely
- The chance to live (and play) where you work
It’s pride in what you do. It’s making a difference every single day, working side-by-side with people you respect.
Explore our opportunities, submit your application, and join a company that works for you, your family, and your community!If this position sounds like a fit for you, we’d love to hear from you! Applications will be accepted at www.tolko.com until May 28, 2020. We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Follow us on LinkedIn
, and Twitter
to stay up to date on Tolko news and job postings.
Management and Executive