General Duty Security Officer
Reference ID: 287617
Law Enforcement and Security
[Please allow 15 - 20 minutes to complete your application]
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
Job Skills / Requirements
Paladin Security officers are reputed for their superior level of customer service and professionalism in the industry. Our Security Officers provide a custom tailored service to meet the needs of our clients. Successful candidates will provide a variety of services which are site specific including: regular patrols, access control, asset protection, and any other services specific to the needs of the client.
• Patrol assigned area on foot, on bicycle, or in motor vehicle, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
• Watch for and report irregularities, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
• Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
• Offer support to any person in need of assistance.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
• Ability to remain calm and effectively perform in Emergency Situations.
• Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
• Detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
• Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Adapt to a variety of environmental factors while performing exterior patrols.
• Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (Nights and Weekends).
• MUST have a Clean Criminal Record.
• Must have personal reliable transportation
• Demonstrated superior customer service skills.
• Must be bondable and provide 3 non-family references upon hire.
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Basic Security Training would be considered an asset however not mandatory
All interested applicants are required to submit their resume online at www.paladinsecurity.com/careers
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Branch Manager
This is a Part-Time position
Posted: April 16, 2018
Closes:June 15, 2018