Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
This position is responsible for supervising a variety of security programs within Paladin's portfolio. This includes supervising the security team that works within the portfolio as well ensuring all staff are completing their required duties on site. The supervisor will regularly be meeting with the Security Programs Manager (SPM) and security staff to ensure that everyone's needs are met.This position works 12 hour shifts on both day and night rotations.
The starting wage range for this position is $19-22/hour.TYPICAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develop and maintain an excellent relationship with the Branch Manager and SPM
2. Maintains a high level of dress and deportment.
3. Ensures all staff within his/her portfolio has adequate training based on industry, corporate and client standards.
4. Provides motivational and disciplinary discussions with all staff assigned within the portfolio as needed.
5. Ensures all sites have up to date and complete Site Orders both in hard copy on site and in digital form on TrackTik.
6. Performs evaluations of staff assigned to sites on an as needed basis and in accordance with company policies.
7. Ensures that TrackTik is functioning properly at all sites. Including staff assignment and creating
innovative solutions for client requests.
8. Ensures that Site Training and Employee Orientation programs are functioning and followed at all sites within the portfolio and that all newly-assigned staff demonstrates competence on site through
conducting regular site knowledge quizzes.
9. Develops and maintains frequent security evaluations of client facilities and ensures appropriate recommendations are made to the SPM so that clients' security needs are being met.
10. Communicates appropriate information to Operations / Zone Supervisors as needed to ensure that
any outstanding issues are dealt with in a timely fashion.
11. Monitors Incident Reports and takes appropriate action on any issues found in reports.
12. Reports regularly to the SPM on matters of company or client interest or significant events.
13. Promotes Paladin's business in a professional and positive manner.
14. Ensures that all services provided by staff assigned within the portfolio are delivered in accordance with the client's wishes and best interests, and in accordance with Paladin's Code of Ethics.
15. Responds to communications from staff in a timely manner.
16. Performs other duties as requested to assist with corporate and/or branch needs.QUALIFICATIONS:Education and Experience
- Successful applicant must have a minimum of 2 years' experience in a security related field or a
combination of experience and relevant experience and education.
- Applicants must also have a valid class 5 driver's license
- A diploma in Security Management, Criminology or related discipline would be an asset.
- The successful applicant will be willing to join industry professional associations and have a desire to
learn through professional certification processes.
- Must have working knowledge of appropriate legislation and provincial/national standards on
building codes, security, and protection of privacy.Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, delegate and problem solve.
- Proven ability to effectively supervise and manage people.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and verbally, including delivering presentations to groups.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly dynamic environment.
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in all situations.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Alberta Security License
Valid Class 5 Drivers License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Vacation
This job reports to the Branch Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1