We are an industrial plant-site maintenance contractor looking for a self-motivated and results-driven General Manager to direct and manage our organization's business activities and to develop and implement effective business strategies and programs.
Reporting to the company Owners, the General Manager is responsible for providing coordination from start to finish of all projects, delegating tasks and communicating with workers, clients and external subcontractors.
Key Responsibilities and General Duties:
- Allocating budget resources
- Formulating policies
- Effectively implementing the company’s safety systems
- Maintaining 'Goal Zero' Safety Program
- Engaging with vendors
- Preparing contracts and negotiating revisions, changes and additions to contractual agreements with clients, suppliers and subcontractors
- Coordinating business operations
- Monitoring and motivating staff
- Managing operational costs
- Identifying business opportunities
- Monitoring financial activities
- Improving revenues
- Managing, overseeing, maintaining and monitoring assets as per Owners' requirements (primarily heavy equipment)
Your entrepreneurial spirit and vision in directing business functions will assist our organization in maintaining relationships with clients, generating new business, increasing staff productivity, improving service, ensuring sustainability, and meeting business objectives.
The successful candidate for this role should possess excellent communication skills, superior knowledge of business functions, exceptional budgeting and finance skills, and strong leadership qualities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Professional designation desirable.
- Extensive knowledge of various business functions
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong customer service skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: To commensurate with experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday (Weekend work/OT on occasions)
- Management : 5 years (Preferred)
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office Suite
- Class 5 Drivers License
- Mechanically inclined (Preferred)
Location: Edmonton, AB