A day in the life...
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Carrying out field investigations, including borehole layout, utility clearances, supervision of drill rigs and/or excavators, logging boreholes and test pits, surveying, and slope inspections
- Performing construction site reconnaissance, observations, and inspections (for example, footing inspections, nuclear gauge testing, and concrete testing)
- Reviewing soil and rock samples in our laboratory, scheduling geotechnical laboratory testing, carrying out laboratory testing, and compiling test results for use on engineering projects
- Summarizing and analyzing findings from reconnaissance/inspections, investigations, and lab testing
- Analyzing and modelling slope stability, settlement, foundation design, soil retaining structures, and other geotechnical problems
- Preparing or assisting with preparing engineering memos, reports, and presentations
- Pursuing a Bachelor's Degree in Geotechnical (Civil or Geological) Engineering
- Eligible or in the process of obtaining registration with EGBC
- Strong people skills and a desire and ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrating a "Safety-First" focus and acting as a role model to other staff
- Maintaining a high standard of behaviour to uphold Golder's reputation and demonstrating a commitment to our Core Values
- Valid driver's license
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Administrative Maintenance and Technicians