FORT McMURRAYThe Opportunity:
WSP E&I's teams of professionals offer a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas and clean energy.
We have an exciting opportunity for Geotechnical/Materials Professionals to join our group in Fort McMurray, AB. These opportunities are available to both Engineers as well as Technologists.
With opportunities for multiple Materials Technicians on our team, this is an exceptional opportunity to develop your career and experience in the engineering and construction with WSP on a world class project in your own hometown! Why WSP?
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSP A day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
As a member of a close knit group of professionals, you will:
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Promote safety culture by ensuring site specific HSE policies and safety standard procedures are adhered to
- Monitor geotechnical drilling, instrumentation installations, and core sample collections
- Installation various instruments pertaining to slope stability and foundation assessments
- Construction monitoring
- Materials field and laboratory testing
- Instrumentation monitoring
- Geotechnical Core logging
- Report writing of field and laboratory results
- College diploma or University degree in Geotechnical, Geological, Construction or Civil Engineering
- 1-3 years of related work experience
- Sound knowledge of soils (including the unified soil classification system)
- Geotechnical Drilling experience, specifically with the installation of geotechnical instruments
- Construction Monitoring experience
- Experience working in the Alberta Oil Sands region is an asset
- Flexibility to work a variety of schedules (from 1 week on up to 3 weeks on shift (days / nights))
- Good communication skills and attention to detail is a requirement (verbal and written)
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office (word and excel)
- Capable of working in adverse weather conditions and working long, physically demanding and varied hours in remote locations
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and conduct other physically strenuous tasks such as shoveling and augering, etc.
- Team-oriented, self-motivated and safety conscience with strong problem-solving skills
- Experience working around heavy equipment an asset
- Unrestricted Class 5 driver's license that is valid in the province of Alberta is required for
- Ability to provide driving abstract
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.
Maintenance and Technicians