Posting End Date: Number of Opening:
Reporting to the Manager, Global Datacenter Infrastructure Service Manager, the Senior Global Core Infrastructure Engineer will be responsible for implementation and deployment of high availability solutions in the Core Infrastructure environment. This position will work closely with internal business teams across all Finning regions, contractors, and vendors to successfully provide technology services and develop Core functional solutions to meet operational goals for high availability, performance, stability, security and cost efficiency.
Core Infrastructure Services includes but are not limited to Global Azure AD, Global Citrix, DNS, Global Certification services, NTP and Global FTP Services. Job Description: Major Job Functions
- Implementation of compute services for corporate (globally), BP&S and regional projects
- Support of services to ensure SLA's are met
- Ensure approved policies are being followed, including vendors and risk identification
- Operational documentation of Compute Infrastructure is developed and maintained
- 9x5 Operations of compute services with some evening or weekend work
- Forecasting and planning of inventory refresh
- Participate in Global DR
- Deploy and maintain Core Infrastructure services across Finning
- Supporting role for global projects through the Project Management office as required
- Develop lifecycle strategy for assets within the Core infrastructure
- Communications with business teams to understand requirements and working with other team members
- Establish best practices where possible to improve service delivery globally
- Infrastructure monitoring across production and non-production platforms
- Continuous service improvement with the goal to improve costs, delivery and SLA's
- Measure and communicate performance metrics for Core Infrastructure Services and analyze data to discover opportunities for service improvement
- Building relationships with vendors to identify gaps and opportunities with emerging technologies
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues
- Develop supporting documentation and high-level designs for services as required
- Regular review of existing documentation and update as required
- Maintain inventory of data centers, relevant hardware, vendor contracts and the associated refresh cycles
- Working with vendors and business teams to gather required information to assess if SLA's are being met
- Manage reports on lifecycle management: lease expirations, software release, some software licensing etc.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Paying attention to what customers want and need - new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences. Taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view. Embrace the mindset you and Finning are never done, never satisfied, never standing still.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Finning.
- Courage: Being comfortable with the conflict that is inherent to being a champion of an idea or course of action. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change.
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrable computer proficiency, troubleshooting skills, customer service orientation, time management, and teamwork
- Team Focused - Understand how to work efficiently with multiple employees
- Good decision making and understanding when to seek guidance
- Good understanding of Change Management and how this affects deployment and support of services
- Time management skills are required
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great ability to build relationships
- Good ability to have outcome based direction
- In depth understanding of Core Infrastructure Services:
- AD (Active Directory), DNS, DHCP, SFTP, Citrix.
- Group Policies Objects (GPOs) throughout the Active Directory (AD) enterprise
- Operating systems such as Windows Server 2012 or above and Linux Red Hat 6 or above, SUSE 8 or above
- Knowledge of monitoring platforms such as System Center SCOM or OMS
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud Management Platforms (CMP) such as Right Scale, Scaler, etc.
- Be familiar with products and solutions from vendors such as, but not limited to, VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, AWS, Red Hat and SUSE
- Overall understanding and experience with Network technologies on the cloud especially Azure or AWS
- Broad working knowledge across various complimentary Infrastructure services - LAN, WAN, WLAN, Data center, Internet, Firewalls, Security, etc.
- Working knowledge on enterprise level monitoring and management tools
- Working knowledge of vulnerability scanning / penetration testing with the ability to coordinate remediation activities
- 5-10 years or more of demonstrable virtual compute experience
- ITIL methodology and demonstrable experience in incident, change, problem, request and event management
- Demonstrable experience with PowerShell Scripting
- Training on industry standard technologies (Certificates would be an asset)
- Experience working with vendors on deploying service offerings, solution reviews and pricing to achieve project objectives
- Experience managing DNS, DHCP,Azure Active Directory, Active Directory, with strong focus on Domain Controllers maintenance and configuration for large implementations, including Windows Server 2012, 2008, and 2003. Demonstrable strong leadership skills in leading Consultants to perform many technical abilities and give technical Advice. Experience in deploying and managing AD (Active Directory), DNS, DHCP, SFTP, Citrix
- Experience creating and managing worldwide Active Directory forest and domain controllers in larges implementations considering full disaster recovery plan and schema recovery
- Experience with Citrix XenApp, NetScaler and other application delivery methods
- Experience in DNS, SFTP deployment and management
- Experience in Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience working closely with Microsoft to identify risks and perform remediation involving domain health and future strategy
- Experience Datacenter Core Infrastructure
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written), Spanish would be an asset
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.
Posted: February 16, 2019
Closes: April 17, 2019