Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date:
May 07, 2019Number of Opening:
The Global DevOps Engineer will be responsible for implementing and deploying automated solutions in the Finning cloud environments. This position will work closely with all internal business teams across all Finning regions, contractors and vendors to successfully provide technology services to develop automation solutions to meet operational goals for standardization, service levels, stability, key performance indicators, security and cost efficiency. Job Description: Major Job Functions:
- Implementation of automation services for corporate (globally), BP&S and regional projects
- Support of services to ensure SLA's are met
- Ensure approved policies are being followed, including vendors and risk identification
- Operational documentation of automation Infrastructure is developed and maintained
- 9x5 Operations of automation services with some evening or weekend work
- Reporting around agreed SLA's
- Deploy and maintain automation services across Finning clouds (Public and Private).
- Supporting role for global projects through the Project Management office as required.
- Develop automation and management strategy for assets within the Finning cloud environment.
- Communication with business teams to understand requirements and working with other team members.
- Establish best practices where possible to improve service delivery globally.
- Automation monitoring across production and non-production platforms.
- Continuous service improvement with the goal to improve costs, delivery and SLA's.
- Measure and communicate performance metrics for Infrastructure Services and analyze data to discover opportunities for service improvement.
- Building relationships with vendors to identify gaps and opportunities with emerging technologies.
- Provide troubleshooting and root cause analysis for production issues .
- Develop supporting documentation and high-level designs for services as required
- Regular review of existing documentation and update as required
- Maintain inventory of cloud services, relevant software, vendor contracts and the associated refresh cycles
- Working with vendors and business teams to gather required information to assess if SLA's are being met.
- Manage reports on automation management: usage, service requests, software release, software licensing, charge back, costs etc.
Specific Skills & Knowledge:
- Customer Focus: Being successful means continuously paying attention to customer needs and adapting as these evolve. This heightens the importance of building strong customer relationships and delivering customer centric solutions.
- Cultivates Innovation: Paying attention to what customers want and need - new and improved products, services, solutions, and experiences. Taking initiative and collaborating with people who have diverse points of view. Embrace the mindset you and Finning are never done, never satisfied, never standing still.
- Drives Results: Infusing the team and organizations with a sense of urgency. Creating a culture where organizational performance is always top of mind. Communicating a vision, setting priorities, developing and executing plans that achieve the desired outcome for Finning.
- Courage: Being comfortable with the conflict that is inherent to being a champion of an idea or course of action. Meeting tough situations head-on to constructively resolve them. Saying what needs to be said at the right time, to the right person, in the right manner to effect change.
Education & Experience:
- Demonstrable expertise on management and operations of an enterprise Cloud environment.
- Experience with automating across VMWare and Public Cloud Services such as Azure, AWS and Force.com.
- Experience working with Cloud Management Platforms, orchestrator and automation including infrastructure as code concepts.
- Develop and implement strategies to improve current cloud infrastructure deployment, management, auto scaling, monitoring and ongoing operations.
- Team Focused - Understand how to work efficiently with multiple employees across multiple
- Participate in standups, review and testing as required.
- Work with other teams of developers to help define code repositories, effective re-use of code and release management standards.
- Good decision making and understanding when to seek guidance
- Good understanding of change and release Management and how this affects deployment and support of services.
- Time management skills are required
- Great analytical and problem-solving skills
- Great ability to build relationships
- Good ability to have outcome based direction
- Good ability to champion new ideas and develop new approaches
- Be able to drive automation initiatives and make things happen
- Must be fluent in English (verbal and written), Spanish would be an asset
- In depth understanding of Cloud compute services (Public and Private):
- IaaS, Paas, SaaS based solutions and technologies
- Management of cloud providers such as Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, Force.com, Office 365
- 5-10 years or more of demonstrable virtualization and cloud services experience
- ITIL methodology and demonstrable experience in incident, change, problem, request and event management
- Training on industry standard technologies (Certificates would be an asset)
- Experience working with vendors on deploying service offerings, solution reviews and pricing to achieve project objectives
- Experience with the automation of operating systems such as Windows Server 2012 or above, Linux Red Hat 6 or above, SUSE 8 or above
- Experience working with AGILE and SCRUM methodologies
- Experience working with tools such as JIRA, Visual Studio, GIT and other relevant development toolsets
- Knowledge or experience with Cloud Management Platforms (CMP) such as RightScale, Scaler, etc.
- Orchestration, automation, maintenance and scripting of Cloud Services using Ansible, Chef, Puppet or similar technologies
- Be familiar with products and solutions from Cloud infrastructure vendors such as, but not limited to, VMware, Citrix, Microsoft, AWS, Red Hat and SUSE
- Exposure to VMware, vSphere, vCenter and virtual management platforms such as vCloud Director and Powershell
- Overall understanding and experience with Network technologies in the cloud especially Azure Express route or AWS Direct connect
- Broad working knowledge across various complimentary Infrastructure services - LAN, WAN, WLAN, Data center, Internet, Firewalls, Security, etc.
- Broad working knowledge on enterprise level monitoring and management tools
- Broad working knowledge of vulnerability scanning / penetration testing with the ability to assist with automating any remediation activities
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.