Finning International Inc. Number of Openings:
The Director, Global Manufacturing COE, owns and manage manufacturing process, brings manufacturing best practice to live to global Finning manufacturing, re-manufacturing, rebuild center facilities, governs their safety, service, quality assurance policy, cost management, engineering, making, delivery, and process and systems that required to meet Finning Strategy, Safety Standard, Superior customer experience and financial business results.
He/she will need to build strong links cross-functionally with internal teams such as sales, supply chain, also externally with customers and vendors. The individual will help the business improve operational performance through new strategies, systems, and operational excellence tools. The individual is expected to conduct in-depth analysis to streamline the operations and create greater stability.Job Description:
- Global safety oversight for manufacturing (programs, planning, etc.)
- Develops & operationalizes a global re-manufacturing strategic plan including:
- Design a new re-manufacturing strategy for an organic growth or acquisition for the new electric & electronic components. Design a New Strategy for the competitive Construction Industry Growth
- Define goals, rollout tracking and target setting for the re-manufacturing facilities. Sets operational & quality metrics & associated targets
- Develop a Global Re-Manufacturing Playbook & Finning Re-Manufacturing Management System with world-class operating standard that supports us in achieving long lasting results in a global scale
- Improve S&OP Process and implement a new M.E.S. (Manufacturing Execution System) on material management, finite schedule, production schedule process to improve overall performance.
- Develops overall strategy for works councils and unions (partnering with the business & HR)
- Develop, implement, and control a re-manufacturing capacity constraints program to define productivities and investments needed to fulfill the demand and a Superior Customer Performance
- Responsible for the capex and return on capital process for the manufacturing facilities
- Track key performance indicators that drive change and provide visibility to the manufacturing and leadership teams. Monitor routinely with active data analysis to target and drive results.
- Strong analytics capabilities coupled with the ability to identify issues, obtain mutual agreement as to the resolution and implement changes
- Advanced organization skills to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Strong service/support mentality and willingness to help others to achieve result.
- Proven project management and change management skills: proactive, high energy, detail oriented when appropriate, result oriented and willing to initiate and nurture changes
- Demonstrated ability to influence and monitor adherence to global policies and processes
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to challenge the status quo
- Persistence, perseverance and tenacity to drive change
- Proven ability to structure effective teams, quickly establish credibility within the team and the business as a whole and then lead the team to achieve high levels of performance
- Excellent communication skills, with well-developed internal and industry networking capabilities
- Confident and collaborative, with the ability to work proficiently within a global matrix organization, influence others and build commitment to a recommended direction
- Displays creativity and innovation in achieving results
Education & Experience:
- Develops and drives the identification, design, governance and analysis of global policies, processes, standards, methods, systems, controls, and best practices
- Monitors results against benchmarks and other performance targets
- Review and lead CAPEX projects for manufacturing plants.
- Review organization structure for any appropriate fixed cost reductions (working with appropriate functional leaders as needed).
- Set and implement a consistent global playbook and scorecard for global manufacturing operations with a process to improve results.
- Ability to manage the balance between cost drivers and product availability to meet customer demand.
- Define process policies and support implementation.
- Define system and other capability required, closely work with D&IT and other stake holders for implementation
- Drive lean manufacturing process and culture
- Develop and implement a manufacturing centers of excellence of strategy.
- Minimal a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, or Engineering
- Master's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or Engineering is a plus
- Minimum 15 years of experience leading direct and cross functional teams
- Experience leading large scale cross-functional initiatives within larger organizations with a proven track record of influencing authority at all levels
- Fluency in English is required; Spanish would be considered an asset
- 15+ years of broad manufacturing/operations leadership experience to include: Manufacturing, Engineering, and Quality.
- Champion operating system, through their experience with a variety of manufacturing processes, including Lean, Six Sigma, VSM, Kaizen...
- Drive cost improvement is fundamental to good operations management.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.