Company: Finning CanadaNumber of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: The Global IT Support Manager for Finning International is responsible for the delivery of all on-site IT technical support across Finning's operations globally. You will be accountable for coordinating internal and 3rd party teams to effectively resolve all service desk escalations as well as the delivery of enhanced support to senior leaders in our regional head offices.
This is a management role that retains an element of direct service delivery. In addition to requiring a leader with a blend of generalist technical expertise (PC desktop, O365, iOS, conference room A/V), this role needs a candidate capable of personally delivering professional, high quality IT support to users as needed.
In this hands-on Manager role, the ideal candidate brings leadership skills in addition to a solid background in supporting IT related services. You are the type that enjoys a complex and challenging technical issue, has a keenness for problem solving and is able to provide expert insights into business solutions. You are a people person who is passionate about leading your team, helping users and understanding an IT incident's root cause.
If this role sounds in line with your expertise, we want to hear from you today!
- Leads, develops, and motivates a high performing global IT support team comprised of both staff and third-party vendors in Canada, UK, Ireland, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina and Bolivia.
- Manage and deliver upon tier 2+ support models and SLAs for operations, field, office and senior leadership employee groups for all global locations
- Identify and leverage communication, training and continuous improvement opportunities across IT and user groups
- Provide subject matter expertise on projects and initiatives
- Personally, deliver professional, high quality IT support to local executive users as needed
- The coordination of all global on-site IT support to field service, warehouse, office and VIP users.
- Management of all related third parties
- Work with key users in the branches\\departments to oversee & solve complex support issues
- Investigating and recommending technical solutions
- Post-secondary education in a related technology field
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience supporting IT related services within a large environment
- Minimum 2 years' experience leading a team
- ITIL certification (minimum ITIL v3 Foundation)
- Broad understanding of a wide range of end-user technologies (ie Office 365, iOS, Windows, networking, software deployment, conferencing and communication software, Android, etc)
- Strong knowledge of IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Knowledge of IT service desk and support best practices
- Process improvement (ie. 6 Sigma or equiv.)
- Organizational Change Management
- Knowledge of ServiceNow is an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to communicate with internal customers and all levels of management in a non-technical manner
- Strong customer focus and proven ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong time management skills, prioritization abilities and "take ownership of issues and task"
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Team Focus - understands team dynamics and works extremely well on a team
- Ability to speak Spanish is an asset
- Location for this role can be in any of our Finning operating regions (Western Canada, UK & Ireland, and South America (Chile, Argentina and Bolivia)).
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.