Company: Finning CanadaPosting End Date:
Aug 30, 2019Number of Opening:
The Global Practice Leader has overall responsibility for the end-to-end service delivery of global HR solutions across the organization. This role is responsible creating an exceptional user experience with HR systems (Workday) and processes that drive improved business outcomes. The role provides global leadership by establishing and managing the process governance model for Human Capital Management and overall HR technology roadmap.
This leader will have overall responsibility for strategic direction, governance & management of the Global Practice Lead which will provide the full breadth of services ranging from: architecture & standards, best practices, platform roadmap & lifecycle plans and Integration and Knowledge Management platform/application operational support.
This leader will establish & manage the Global Practice Team, outsourcing agreements in support of the services (support services), allocate & direct resources, prioritize workload, monitor system & staff performance and provide expertise on integration and knowledge management related matters. They will manage a staff of internal resources plus outsource/offshore staff to provide required levels of support resources to deliver against the SLA's in each domain area. Job Description: Major Job Functions
- The primary function of the Leader includes program ownership, business partnering, policy and process development and oversight, and vendor management.
- The Leader needs to be an HCM Platform specialist, Process specialist, Value & business outcome focused, and must secure the consistency and quality of the hire to retire applications and HCM data governance
- Provides strategic D&IT and HR consulting/advising to the HR executive team (CHRO, HR Vice-Presidents, HR Directors, etc.), creating the desired workplace culture and an engaged and productive workforce through policies, programs and practices.
- Partner with the HR executive leadership team to analyze and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization, and deploy appropriate BP&S intervention in collaboration with appropriate resources.
- Directs the design, delivery and support of global HR systems, including overall system administration, master data management, reporting and analytics.
- Drives change management in partnership with HR and business leaders.
- Evaluates operational effectiveness and develop business cases to prioritize process and system improvement initiatives. Facilitates HCM governance model to gain alignment and approval on HR technology roadmap, projects and changes.
- Builds, leads, develops, and motivates a high performing team, and reinforces the organization's core values and expectations through exemplary behavior, communication, and coaching practices
- Develops partnerships with stakeholders in order to understand business needs; ensures the HR technology roadmap is being followed. Updates the roadmap as the technology landscape and business needs change.
- Determines resources for new implementations and upgrades who are responsible for defining success, building project plans, ensuring plan is executed, ensuring deliverables are met and keeps stakeholders apprised of project status.
- As appropriate, lead the H2R response to technical issues, application service outages, and other time-sensitive events, as well as routine employee issues regarding performance, compensation, employee relations, engagement, and other areas.
- Strong focus on service and working in a service delivery environment
- Strong influencing skills and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; delivers engaging, informative, well thought out presentations
- Analytical abilities, strong judgment and management skills, ability to work effectively with Business, HR and IT Leaders.
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Ability to analyze large datasets and make metrics based recommendations to management.
- Demonstrated ability to use multi-media approaches to communicate to a wide and decentralized audience.
- Professional degree in related HR and/or IT discipline is required.
- 10-15 years of HR and or IT experience with a minimum of 5 years of experience in management of HR processes and/or IT Applications
- Experience in Workday will be considered an asset
We are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.