Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Reporting to the Global Data Architecture Lead, the Global SAP BW Architect will support, design, and develop the strategy, processes and solutions that will drive the business mission forward.
The position is specifically responsible for providing configuration guidance, support, and organizing services and practices working closely with the support and development teams within Finning's SAP BW implementation.
The position assists and guides the installation of core platform and architectural changes, ensuring changes are production ready.
The BW Architect will support how 3rd party services inter-operate with the SAP BW platform. With the collaboration of stakeholders within other Digital & IT teams within Finning, this role administers and maintains the highly technical functions within the platform and supports the Global BI & DSS team in establishing standards, processes and configuration guidelines for Finning's support teams.Job Description:
Specific Skills and Knowledge
- Provide strategic guidance to optimize delivery of data via SAP BW for the purpose of analytics and reporting. Liaise with business teams to ensure BW architecture is both aligned with global data management strategy and data needs
- Create documentation and support procedures for projects that utilize SAP BW and other DSS/data management related data services
- Provide technical expertise and act as a testing resource for global and regional support issues involving SAP BW or other DSS data management services
- Analyze the design and assist in the implementation of new technologies that integrate or inter-operate with SAP BW features or other data management DSS related services. Ensure 3rd party products are integrated optimally with core infrastructure items
- Communicate with stakeholders on tenant additions and changes coming from SAP that may impact their accountability and remedy any concerns raised
- Provide technical leadership in relation to the development of InfoCubes, ODS/DSO, Multi-providers, Composite providers, Open ODS, Transient providers, transformations, extractors, datasources and required routines
- Ensures optimal configuration and performance of SAP BW, building and designing data models that enable complex reporting structures that are sustainable and efficient.
- Accountable for the technical components within Digital & IT projects involving SAP BW data services, including bug fixes, adding enhancements, and data ingestion/conversion from/to other platforms
- Participate in design and code reviews with other developers
- Impact evaluation of SAP BW performance, providing recommended changes to appropriate technical team members
- Assist in strategic evaluation, design, development and implementation as directed
- Assist with quality assurance and support QA activities by providing assistance to test system problems.
- Write and maintain documentation to describe program development, logic, coding, changes, testing and corrections
- Maintain a positive relationship with stakeholders throughout the businesses that rely on SAP BW data for day to day functionality, gathering and documenting business requirements when necessary
Education and Experience:
- Able to identify impacts to the data platform caused by upcoming or recently implemented SAP ERP, SAP BW or HEC changes
- Able to manage time effectively and work independently with limited supervision
- Able to create new solutions and/or review proposals to ensure solutions meet business needs
- Motivated with a strong work ethic which results in work that shows a high attention to detail
- Proven communications skills that promote and articulate concepts to a broad audience base
- Able to acknowledge differences in opinion and work with other Digital & IT teams in a positive manner towards a mutually agreeable solution which aligns with global strategic direction
- Expert understanding of SAP Business Warehouse in both business data models and reporting structure configurations
- Advance understanding, and preference for LSA++ architecture
- Advanced understanding of data modelling concepts (conceptual/logical/physical/semantic, multi-dimensional models (star, snowflake), normalized/denormalized models)
- In addition to SAP BW, sound understanding of SAP's landscape, including HANA, SAP SLT, SAP BusinessObjects, SAP BPC
- Understanding of techniques to optimize reporting and data load performance through Query monitoring tool, Aggregates, Indexes, InfoCube Compression, InfoCube Partitioning and Statistics
- Proficient in English both written and verbal
- Speaking and writing Spanish is an asset
- Technical degree in an IT related field
- 5 - 8 years of experience with the designing and coding of complex units/modules/products that meet functional and business requirements on and within budget
- 8+ years' experience SAP BW ETL and modeling, ABAP development
- 5+ years' experience BW Security design & Administration / BW Analysis Authorization
- 5+ years' experience BW 7.4 + HANA Optimization and LSA/LSA++ architecture experience
- Project management and Change Management experience is an asset
- Experience on SAP HANA Runtime
- Experience with SAP BW and BOBJ Integration
- ETL experience with SAP BO Data Services (BODS) and/or SAP Landscape Transformation (SLT)
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.