Company: Finning International Inc.Number of Openings:
Worker Type: Permanent
Position Overview: Reporting to the Global Employee Productivity Services (EPS) Director, the Global Software Asset Manager (Global SAM) is responsible for managing both the strategic and operational aspects of the corporation's productivity software lifecycle.
In this hands-on role, the Global SAM will manage ~$7 million in annual software spend, ranging from the Microsoft and Adobe agreements to dozens of smaller PC and mobile vendors. Software allocations span over 10,000 users worldwide. This is an exciting role that will likely grow quickly for the right individual. The ideal candidate is a strong leader with a blend of financial and IT operations backgrounds. You bring strong interpersonal skills and an expertise within the software licensing and governance space.
Strategic accountabilities include collaboration with IT service delivery managers, architects and procurement teams to envision and deliver on a software roadmap that effectively balances cost, user productivity and governance. Operational accountabilities include effective financial and contract management, transactional license allocation/revocation, leading software audits, reporting and "true-ups".
This leader will be collaborating with teams in numerous countries and we welcome interest from any major centre within any of Finning's global territories: Edmonton, Calgary, Vancouver, Cannock (UK) or Santiago (Chile).
If this is a role in line with your experience, we want to hear from you today!
- Manage and support the acquisition, tracking, distribution and consumption of EA-based (Enterprise Agreement) and/or subscription-based software services and benefits.
- Provide governance for the consumption of software within the organization and work with key stakeholders to ensure software services and licenses are being utilized and consumed efficiently.
- Source and implement tools that assist with the company's overall Software Assets Management (SAM) and auditing capabilities.
- Report on the company's financial performance and spending trends on software and subscription-based assets. Find opportunities to optimize licensing models to gain operational and financial efficiencies. Ensure the annual budget aligns with the company's global software needs.
- Negotiate global licensing agreements and manage relationships with major software vendors.
- Guide, coach and mentor the Software Asset team on the delivery of their objectives.
- Post-secondary education in fields such as: Computer and Information Systems or Business/Commerce, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5+ years of operational IT experience, preferably with 2+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Knowledge of software asset management tools and features.
- Experience sourcing, implementing or managing software compliance tools.
- Previous experience negotiating and managing contracts with large vendors.
- Experienced with software licensing and medium to large scale enterprise IT environments.
- Understanding of Microsoft products, especially Office 365 and all add-on features within Microsoft's online services suite.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Speaking and writing Spanish is an asset, but not required.
W e are committed to diversity at Finning, to building and sustaining a diverse and inclusive workforce and as an equal opportunity employer we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Finning does not discriminate against applicants based on genders, races, national and ethnic origins, religions, ages, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities.