The Health Care Aid performs task under the general supervision of the Manager and direct supervision by Licensed Practical Nurse. The HCA will work as a member of the interdisciplinary team in assisting patients to meet their personal care needs. The HCA will also perform tasks as assigned by the Manager/designate.
Responsibilities include: assisting patients with activities of daily living (including but not limited to toileting, bathing, lifting, transferring, feeding and ambulating); managing of difficult behaviors’ to facilitate patient comfort, patient safety and general well being; and assist in maintaining a clean, safe and organized environment on the unit.
- Completion of Grade 10 required.
- Completion of a Health Care Aide certificate or recognized equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (Level C) required.
- Medication Administration Certificate
- Physically able to assist with all aspects of patient care and transport (e.g. walking, standing, bending and lifting).
- Must be able to understand written and verbal directions in English.