Health Care Security Watch Guard - Ponoka
Reference ID: 302668
Law Enforcement and Security
[Please allow 15 - 20 minutes to complete your application]
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice among some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Job Skills / Requirements
*This position is On Call with the opportunity for Full Time hours
Members of the Paladin Security team:
-Have their Security License paid for by Paladin
-Earn superior wages and benefits
-Develop the skills necessary to become a security professional
-Have access to Paladins 80 safety and security related training courses and an in house trainer
-Are recognized for their effort through an extensive Rewards and Recognition Program
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
Job Skills / Requirements
Essential Job Functions:
• Monitor the patient's overall safety and report any changes to security and/or nursing staff
• Ensure the safety of all stakeholders, including patients, clinical staff and visitors with de-escalation techniques and, if needed, physical intervention.
• Log and report all incidents reported by hospital staff, physicians, patients or visitors
• Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities
• Communicate in a truthful and receptive manner under all circumstances
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services according to client needs.
• Maintain a detailed log of all patient interactions
• Develop thorough site knowledge, and maintain professional relationships with sites and office staff
• Respond to emergency calls for assistance
• Monitor and screen visitors and clients in a professional manner
To qualify for the On Call Security Watch Officer position, candidates must:
• Have open availability including a willingness to work weekends and overnight shifts.
• Be willing to travel throughout the assigned zone to rural sites within a 1 hour driving distance of home. Mileage and lodging supplied at the discretion of Manager.
Education and Experience:
• Must possess a High School Diploma
• Must be bondable and have a Clean Criminal Record
• Must be 18 years old and meet all other minimum requirements for a security license in the Province.
• Basic Security Training, First Aid, and/or CPI training would be considered an asset, however will be provided to successful applicants.
• Demonstrated superior customer service skills; Ability to interact confidently and proactively with the general public presenting a professional image.
• Successfully conduct security patrols up to 20km without direct supervision.
• Ability to remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
• Ability to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Have basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
• Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures.
• Handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Ability to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance
Screening Requirements: Motor Vehicle, Criminal Background Check
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time position
Number of Openings for this position: 2
Posted: May 21, 2018
Closes: July 20, 2018