Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our people; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Do you have a passion to help people? We are seeking security guards to a difference in their community.
Paladin Security provides security services to Healthcare facilities all over Alberta. We are deployed to ensure the safety of patients, staff, and public, which requires superior customer service skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations. Our presence in these facilities provides unique security experience which provides a rewarding and fulfilling career for our Healthcare Security Professionals.
In addition to ensuring safety and security, our Healthcare Guards gain invaluable experience in violence prevention, de-escalation techniques, and may go on to careers in law enforcement and security services. If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
On-Call Healthcare Security Guards work at a variety of health facilities across the province. On-call Healthcare Guards are offered premium hourly wages, travel incentives, extensive training, comprehensive benefits, promotions from within, rewards and recognition and much more! This job requires applicants to work a variety of shifts and travel.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor patient safety report and changes to Protective Services and/or Clinical staff
- Report all incidents as per specific site regulations
- Respond to alarms and emergency calls for assistance
- Follow and enforce safety codes, regulations, and procedures
- Handle private and confidential information with high amount of discretion
- Utilize two-way radio and computer application to communicate site activities
- Monitor and screen visitors and clients in professional manner
- Respond to and de-escalate high stress situations maintaining order on site
- Ensure the safety of all stakeholders including patients, clinical staff, and visitors with de-escalation techniques and, if needed, physical intervention
- Log and report all incidents reported by hospital staff, patients, or visitors
- Maintain detailed log of all patient interactions
- Respond to emergency calls for assistance
- Availability for variety of shifts including overnight shifts and weekends
- Ability to travel throughout assigned zone to rural sites within a 200 km radius of home
- Ability to obtain Alberta Security License
- Valid class 5 license and own vehicle
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills while remaining professional with a tactful and friendly demeanor
- Ability to write comprehensive reports and maintain site logs
- Ability to make immediate decisions, while maintaining composure in emergency situations with minimal supervision
- Discretion when handling confidential and private information
- Ability to perform under pressure and in adversity
- Ability to walk 18-20 km and climb stairs
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Regional Client Service Manager
This is a As Needed